Contestants on The Bachelor Australia are apparently 'furious' with Channel Ten’s decision to shelve the new series until next year.
The revamped show with three leads, Jed McIntosh, Felix Von Home, and Thomas Malucelli, was slated to appear in October 2022.
Now, the Daily Mail has reported that the new series won’t hit our screens until sometime in 2023. According to the publication, the network wants to promote their brand new show The Real Love Boat instead.
Yahoo Lifestyle can reveal that this move has angered multiple contestants, who don’t want to “keep their lives on hold anymore”.
A source says: “It's been four months since the show was filmed and the contestants who didn’t find love aren’t allowed to publicly date, freely use their social media accounts or talk about the experience until it’s aired on TV - but this might not be for another six months.
“They’re furious and just want to move on and refuse to keep their lives on hold.”
New Bachelor contestant Tash Candyce has already become active on Instagram, and captioned a snap on Wednesday with: “I’m back.”
A TV insider also tells Yahoo that “this feels like the final nail in the coffin to The Bachelor franchise.”
Yahoo Lifestyle has reached out to Channel Ten for comment.
Bachelor Jed McIntosh caught ‘approaching girls’
This comes after fellow bachelor Jed was spotted ‘approaching girls’ at Sussudio in Potts Point.
“He seemed very single,” one woman he spoke to told Yahoo Lifestyle.
“It was really weird he was there on his own, he told us he was waiting for his mates but no one came. We left at around 3am and he was still there on his own. It’s as if he just went out to meet people.”
The source added that when she asked about The Bachelor, after recognising Jed from the official announcement earlier this year, he said it was “a good experience” but “couldn’t confirm" if he is still with anyone.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.