SAS Australia's Simone Holtznagel shows off bruised body after show
Model Simone Holtznagel has shared the brutal impact the SAS Australia course had on her body, sharing a video online from shortly after she finished filming.
The 28-year-old - who exited the show during Monday's episode - took to Instagram to share a clip she had filmed back in October 2021 that showed her body covered in bruises.
"These are my f***ing bruises," she said in the video, in which she is seen wearing a black bikini and holding up her arms to show the bruises to the camera.
"It really hurts, like everywhere."
Simone left the brutal military-style challenge this week, after a task that saw the contestants blasted in the face with pepper spray.
Home and Away's Orpheus Pledger quits SAS Australia after 'erratic behaviour'
SAS Australia feud erupts between Locky Gilbert and Pauly Fenech: ‘Abusive’
Erin Holland spills on 'unfinished business' with SAS Australia
Directing Staff Ant Middleton described the test as “a whole f***ing world of pain”.
The crippling task proved too much for Simone and she chose to withdraw from the course.
“I’m disappointed I didn’t go out on more of a high but I’m really not huge on physical pain," Simone said afterwards.
Last year, model and TV presenter Erin Holland also revealed the brutal impact just a few days of the SAS Australia course had on her body, sharing shocking photos of her own bruised limbs online.
Taking to Instagram, Erin shared photos of herself in a black singlet and underwear with multiple bruises visible.
"THE AFTERMATH," she captioned the photos.
“A raw look at what a few days of selection looked like (plus a sore back from 90+ kilos on it).
“SAS Australia is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. It’s 24/7 – so many tasks that can’t possibly all make it to air! SO much respect for my fellow recruits still toughing it out in there – it only gets wilder from here."
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.