Prince Harry and wife Meghan won't be heading back to the UK for the christening of their daughter, who is yet to meet the Queen in person, palace insiders have confirmed.
Lilibet Diana was born on June 4, but the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have kept her life so far private, choosing not to share any photos of Archie's little sister, who is eighth-in-line to the British throne, with the public.
There had been some speculation about whether or not the couple would follow royal tradition and give Lilibet the same Christening in front of the Queen in the UK, like they did with Archie.
According to the Daily Mail previously, "Harry told several people that they want to have Lili christened at Windsor, just like her brother."
Instead though, they are expected to have her baptised in the United States, where she was born.
"There will not be a christening in the UK. It is not happening," a palace insider told The Telegraph UK this week.
According to the publication, it is more 'likely' Lilibet could be baptised into the Episcopal Church of the US, which is member church of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
"Bishop Michael Curry, who delivered the sermon at the couple's wedding at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018, is the head of the Episcopal Church and could officiate," associate editor Camilla Tominey wrote.
Despite the couple potentially hoping for a reunion in the UK in time for Lilibet's major milestone, it seems there was one member of the royal family who "decided there wasn't an appetite for this".
NBC royals correspondent Neil Sean claims it was Prince William who vetoed the idea of hosting the christening at Windsor.
"According to a very good source, Prince William was the one who basically said 'no, we don't think this is going to work,' it wasn't a particularly good idea," he claimed.
As such the Queen looks set to miss the big occasion, which may come as a blow to the Monarch after reports surfaced last week that she ‘would like’ to see both Harry and Meghan return to royal life.
The news comes after it had been confirmed this week that Harry and Meghan would not be returning to the UK for a reception to honour Prince Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana.
A spokesperson for the couple confirmed to the Telegraph the royal couple won't be in attendance at the bash at Kensington Palace.
The celebration was originally planned to take place in July after the Diana statue was unveiled at the Sunken Garden of the palace to mark the 20th anniversary of Diana's tragic passing.
But due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event was massively scaled back.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.