Prince William was reportedly the first person who contacted Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after the documentary Harry & Meghan: An African Journey aired last year, thus mending their reportedly fractured relationship.
According to Express, the claim was made by an aide who spoke to royal biographer Katie Nicholl for The Sunday Times, shedding new light on the royal brothers' relationship.
The source said, "It was then when the family reached out and said, ‘OK, how can we help?’
"William was the first to get on the phone."
During Harry and Meghan's 10-day tour of Africa that is documented in the film, the pair opened up about how much they were struggling with the media attention they'd been receiving.
Speaking with ITV's Tom Bradby in the documentary, Harry's interview revealed he is still very much wounded by the death of his mother Princess Diana and that every click of a camera by the paparazzi is a reminder of her passing.
The reporter asked Harry, "Do you feel at peace in a way yet, or is it still a wound that festers?"
To which Harry responded, "I think probably a wound that festers. I think being part of this family and this role and this job.
"Every single time I see a camera, every single time I hear a click, every single time I see a flash, it takes me straight back.
"So in that respect it’s the worst reminder of her life, as oppose to the best. Being here now 22 years later, trying to finish what she started, it will be incredibly emotional.
"But everything I do reminds me of her, but as I said with the royal job and the pressures that come with that, I get reminded of the bad stuff unfortunately," he added.
It was during this interview that Harry acknowledged that he and his brother were on different paths.
It was rumoured that the pair were growing further and further apart due to the fact William and his wife Kate Middleton believed Harry was moving too fast with Meghan.
Later, it was claimed that the two couples had patched up their relationship in January during the early discussions of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's split from the royal family.
Meghan also spoke about her difficulties with the media since starting her relationship with Harry, telling Tom, "I would say…look any woman, especially when they are pregnant, you are really vulnerable and so that was made really challenging.
“And then when you have a newborn, you know? And especially as a woman it’s really, it’s really a lot.
“So you add this on top of just trying to be a new mum or trying to be a newlywed it’s…"
She also revealed that "not many people" had asked if she was really OK until the reporter did so during the interview.
“Well, I guess, and also thank you for asking, but not many people have asked if I’m ok, but it’s a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes.”
When asked if her answer would be "not really OK" and that it's "really been a struggle", she said, "Yes."
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at email@example.com.