Prince Charles' stepson Tom Parker Bowles devastated after death of girlfriend

Kristine Tarbert
·Features and Health Editor
·2-min read

Prince Charles' stepson Tom Parker Bowles has reportedly been left devastated after the death of his girlfriend, Alice Procope, at the age of 42.

The former journalist died peacefully at home on March 17, seven months after she was diagnosed with cancer.

Tom Parker-Bowles, son of Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall
Tom Parker-Bowles is devastated after the death of his girlfriend. Photo: Getty

Tom, who is the son of Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, had been with Alice for almost two years, following his split from his fashion writer wife Sara Buys in 2018.

Sources said he is devastated as the couple were "blissfully happy".

"Tom had been blissfully happy with Alice and is devastated that life can be so cruel," a fried told the Daily Mail.

Alice was the granddaughter of the 2nd Viscount Ingleby and had three young children with her estranged husband, Robert Procope, grandson of baronet Sir Robert Wigram.

RELATED:

“Partly because of Covid, Alice’s cancer diagnosis didn’t come until last August by when it was too late," the source told the publication.

“That’s what’s so really cruel and there will be countless others like her.”

Tributes have been shared online for Alice, including one from former colleague Tom Teodorczuk, who worked with her on the Standard’s Londoner’s Diary in 2003-2004.

“She was a great journalist, so well connected and amazing fun to work with,” he said.

“She knew everyone in those days including Boris Johnson.

“She will be greatly missed. I was so sad to hear of her death, she was so young.”

Prince Charles and Tom are said to have a good relationship.

Tom, whose father Andrew Parker Bowles is Camilla's first husband, previously said he has 'always adored' his stepfather Charles.

Tom Parker-Bowles poses during the Channel Nine Upfronts 2018 event on October 11, 2017 in Sydney, Australia
Tom Parker-Bowles poses during the Channel Nine Upfronts 2018. Photo: Getty

"All you care about your parents is they're happy and my mother is exceptionally happy at the moment. I've always adored my stepfather; he's always been a kind and good and lovely man," he said.

"He is a man of warmth, intelligence and humanity and I think if it ever happens, he will make a fantastic King."

In 2017 the food writer came to Australia to be a judge alongside Matt Moran and Anna Polyviou on Series 1 of Family Food Fight on Channel 9 and filmed series two, which was broadcast in late 2018.

He is also one of the regular critics on MasterChef.

Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.

Or if you have a story idea, email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com.