Claims Prince Charles rejected Harry's calls over cash demands

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

A 'well-placed' source has claimed that when it comes to Prince Harry's claim his father stopped taking his calls, there is more to the story than meets the eye.

During his Oprah interview last week, the Duke of Sussex made the jaw-dropping claim that his father financially cut him off and stopped returning his phone calls in the midst of his and Meghan Markle's exit from their lives as senior members of the royal family in January 2020.

Prince Charles Prince Harry cut off claims disputed after Oprah interview
A source says Chalres cut Harry off for a very relatable reason. Photo: Getty Images

Now however a source has claimed the reason his father stopped answering his calls had more to do with a very relatable parenting frustration rather than a desire to snub his second son – money.

The Telegraph has reported that Prince Charles started dodging Harry's calls because his youngest was asking for more money after Charles had already helped finance his wedding and lifestyle in the UK.

“He ploughed a lot into the wedding and the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage and did his utmost to make them feel financially supported but when they said they were upping sticks, they asked for even more,” the source was quoted as saying.

RELATED:

“If he was less inclined to take calls, it might be because he didn’t want to be treated like a cash dispenser. I think a lot of parents will be able to identify with that."

It comes as an anonymous 'friend' of Charles told The Sunday Times that Harry was a 'f***ing hypocrite' after he told Oprah he had been cut off.

“Harry said his father financially ‘cut him off'. What f***ing hypocrisy,” the source was quoted.

“When Harry and Meghan left last year, they wanted to become ‘financially independent’.”

Meghan and Harry appear on Oprah
Meghan and Harry made several shocking claims in their shattering Oprah sit-down. Photo: CBS

In the explosive interview, Harry and Meghan levelled several incredible claims against the royal family including that the duo was financially 'cut off' by the royal family after Megxit, that while Meghan was pregnant one royal expressed concerns over 'how dark' Archie's skin would be, and that the pressures and control she felt under while a working royal lead Meghan to a place where she 'didn't want to live'.

With regards to the financial claims, Harry and Meghan explained that their fear of being financially adrift was because of security risks as they were not given security or financing for security after they left, something that concerned them both given their massive public profiles.

Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.

Or if you have a story idea, email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting