Advertisement

Prince William breaks silence after shock exit from event for 'personal matter'

Kensington Palace has also been forced to respond to rumours about Kate's health.

Prince William surprised royal fans earlier this week when he unexpectedly dropped out of a tribute to his godfather, Greece's late King Constantine, at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle on Tuesday.

Kensington Palace stated the Prince of Wales ditched the event due to a "personal matter", with many believing it was due to his wife Kate Middleton's health.

Prince William has shared a message on behalf of himself and Kate Middleton, after dropping out of an event due to a 'personal matter'. Photo: Getty
Prince William has shared a message on behalf of himself and Kate Middleton, after dropping out of an event due to a 'personal matter'. Photo: Getty

Kate underwent abdominal surgery in January and will be unable to return to public-facing duties until after Easter, with many royal fans worried about her wellbeing and wondering why she needs so much time to recover. She has not been seen in public since Christmas Day.

RELATED:

The Palace confirmed the Princess of Wales is "doing well", with mystery still surrounding the reason behind William's exit from the event.

Now, William has made a public appearance at the Western Marble Arch Synagogue in Central London and shared a message from himself and Kate while meeting members of the Holocaust Educational Trust.

William made a public appearance at the Western Marble Arch Synagogue in Central London and shared a message from himself and Kate. Photo: Getty
William made a public appearance at the Western Marble Arch Synagogue in Central London and shared a message from himself and Kate. Photo: Getty

William's visit was meant to occur on Holocaust Memorial Day on January 27, however, due to Kate's surgery it had to be delayed.

"Both Catherine and I are extremely concerned about the rise in anti-Semitism that you guys have talked about this morning and I’m just so sorry if any of you have had to experience that, it has no place," William told the group. "That’s why I’m here today to reassure you all that people do care and people do listen and we can’t let that go."

William with 94-year-old Renee Salt, a Holocaust survivor. Photo: Getty
William with 94-year-old Renee Salt, a Holocaust survivor. Photo: Getty

However, William was told by Holocaust survivor Renee Salt, 94, that she felt anti-Semitism in the UK was at the highest level she had experienced since World War II.

"I’m so sorry it’s got to this stage, it will get better," he told her.

Kensington Palace responds to Kate rumours

Kate has been trending on Twitter for the last few days as royal fans question why she hasn't been seen in public for over two months.

Many have been joking that her disappearance is due to cosmetic surgery or a bad haircut, while others have suggested she is actually missing, or that she and William are in the middle of a rough patch and the Palace is trying to keep things quiet.

Of course, the official word from the royals is simply that she is recovering from surgery.

SHOP:

In a statement, a spokesperson for the Princess of Wales told Town & Country, “Kensington Palace made it clear in January the timelines of the Princess’ recovery and we’d only be providing significant updates. That guidance stands.”

The spokesperson then reiterated Kate is “doing well”.

Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.

Or if you have a story idea, email us at lifestyle.tips@yahooinc.com.