While Prince Harry may have made his first TV appearance since splitting from the royal family on Sunday, it wasn’t for the reason many fans may have expected.
Prince Charles turned 72 on Sunday, with the Queen and the Cambridges all taking to social media to wish the future king a happy birthday.
However, fans have spotted that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle didn’t publicly send their well-wishes to Prince Charles, even though the 36-year-old Duke of Sussex popped up on British TV show Strictly Come Dancing that night to wish his friend J Chalmers good luck.
While it’s highly likely Prince Harry and Meghan Markle decided to call Prince Charles in private on his big day, fans have other thoughts on the matter.
“Surprising since they do everything else publicly to stay in the news,” one person wrote.
Another simply said: “PR stuff ups nearly daily”.
Others seemed to think that maybe the ‘snub’ could be related to reports last week that the royal family denied Prince Harry the opportunity to have a wreath laid on his behalf on Remembrance Day.
“Well wouldn’t you do the same if you weren’t permitted to lay a wreath on a grave?,” the commenter said.
“The constant reaching out by Harry to a family actively nailing him to the cross ends here and now,” another commenter said.
Another person thought there were double standards with expecting Prince Harry not to commit to other engagements during another royal family member’s birthday.
“So Harry and Meghan must not do anything on another royal's birthday, yet Beatrice can have her wedding on Camilla's birthday AND not even invite Camilla and Charles to her wedding and yet no complaints from you Kate "fans",” the commenter said.
One Twitter user agreed, saying: “So what! It isn't a big deal, at least we didn't have to read about it. Think those two are learning they are overexposing themselves.”
It comes after Meghan and Harry made a private visit to the Los Angeles National Cemetery on Remembrance Sunday, after reports swirled that the royal family had denied Prince Harry’s request for them to lay a wreath on his behalf at the official ceremony in London.
While it’s reported the Queen was never told about Prince Harry’s request, a royal expert has claimed the ‘snub’ tells us a lot about the dynamics of the royals since Harry and Meghan’s exit from their roles as senior royals.
"I think this is an indication that things are worse than we thought,” royal author Rovert Lacey told Newsweek.
“If everything was hunkydorey there seems no reason why a wreath should not have been laid in Harry's name.
"If the royal family or the palace wanted to co-operate then it would seem to be a perfectly reasonable request to make that could have been fulfilled. I don't think it augurs well for the prospects of a reconciliation.”
Harry served in the Armed Forces for a decade before returning to life as a full-time member of the royal family, with the Prince discussing the importance of the day on military podcast Declassified.
“The act of remembering, of remembrance, is a profound act of honour,” he told the podcast. “It's how we preserve the legacies of entire generations and show our gratitude for the sacrifices they made in order for us to be able to live the lives we live today.”
Instead, Harry and Meghan picked flowers from their garden and left them at the graves of two Commonwealth soldiers – one from the Royal Australian Airforce and one from the Royals Canadian Artillery.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.