Meghan Markle, 39, has taken her complaint against controversial TV personality Piers Morgan to the next level and the former Good Morning Britain host is not happy about it.
On Saturday, word emerged that the duchess had doubled down on her earlier complaint to Piers' ex-employer, ITV, by lodging a second, formal complaint with Ofcom, the UK's communications regulator.
Meghan takes complaint to Ofcom
Piers, 55, lambasted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in the wake of their explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey, declaring that he 'didn't believe a word' Meghan said about issues such as her mental health and claims members of the royal family had openly speculated over her son's skin colour.
His 30-minute on-air spray prompted Meghan to contact ITV's CEO to 'raise concerns' about Piers' derisive comments on mental health and suicide and the effect they might have on others experiencing similar issues.
And now, the former actor has added her complaint to an estimated 41,000 made by members of the public to Ofcom following Piers' fiery rant that resulted in his storm off and, later, resignation.
Going by his scathing response to the news, as shared on Twitter by Guardian reporter Archie Bland, Piers has yet to simmer down.
"Meanwhile, am told the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have now followed their complaint to ITV over Good Morning Britain with a complaint to Ofcom," Archie tweeted.
To which Piers replied:
"Where do I get to complain about all the shameful lies/smears in their interview & the terrible damage they've done to the Queen's mental health as her 99-yr-old husband spends his fourth week in hospital?"
Piers is, of course, referring to Prince Philip who been in hospital since February 18 after being admitted for an infection. He was later transferred to another hospital where he underwent surgery for a pre-existing heart condition.
Piers and GMA 'under investigation'
On Wednesday, Ofcom revealed that they'd received over 41k complaints from viewers about GMA following Piers' on-air clash with weatherman Alex Beresford and were launching an investigation.
"We have launched an investigation into Monday’s episode of Good Morning Britain under our harm and offence rules," read an official tweet.
"As of 14:00 on Tuesday 9 March, we have received 41,015 complaints about the programme."
An Ofcom spokesperson later confirmed that they had received a "standards complaint made on behalf of the Duchess of Sussex."
Meghan's initial complaint to ITV was confirmed by the broadcaster's royal editor Chris Ship on Twitter on Wednesday:
"So ... the Duchess of Sussex formally filed a complaint to [ITV] on Monday.
"It’s thought to have been sent to the broadcaster’s CEO. Meghan raised concerns about how [Piers]’s words affect the issue of mental health and what it might do to others contemplating suicide."
The Sussexes' 'strange' demand
Meghan's Ofcom complaint comes amid claims that the Sussexes' PR team issued a firm reminder to the BBC to avoid relying solely on "old white men" when covering their tell-all chat with Oprah.
According to The Sun, a spokesperson for the duke and duchess’ company Archwell urged BBC journalists to encourage higher-ups to instead involve a "broad range of contributors" after the interview aired.
A source at the BBC, however, reportedly branded the request 'strange' as the network was, by definition, impartial 'at all times'.
"The BBC by its very nature has to be impartial at all times. So to be told how to conduct their coverage of a major news event by a PR person acting on behalf of Harry and Meghan is a bit strange to say the least," they said.
An official BBC spokesperson declined to confirm whether Harry, 37, and Meghan's representatives had been in touch as per their policy.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.