Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle have attended two separate events on the same night, amidst rumours the sisters-in-law are feuding.
Members of the royal family gathered at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday evening for a reception for members of the Diplomatic Corps.
While the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were at the event – along with the Queen, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall – the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not in attendance.
Instead, Prince Harry and Meghan attended a Christmas service held by the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund.
Henry, who was a good friend of both Prince William and Harry, passed away in a car accident 16 years ago in 2002.
In remembrance of their friend, the royal brothers both act as patrons of the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund, which aims to fight poverty in Uganda through the means of education.
Despite rumours of the reported rift, Kate’s family were in attendance – the Duchess’ parents Michael and Carole Middleton were there, as well as her younger siblings, Pippa and James.
Kate and Meghan’s ‘rift’
Last week, claims surfaced there was a rift between Meghan and Kate. A report emerged that the unease between Meghan and Kate was the reason for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s move to Windsor early next year.
“Kate and Meghan are very different people. They don’t really get on,” a source told the Daily Mail.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moving to Windsor
The rumours came about after Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, announced they are moving to Frogmore Cottage, on the Windsor Castle estate.
Until now, the Sussexes have lived in Nottingham Cottage – a two-bedroom house in the grounds of Kensington Palace, where the Cambridges also live.
But there’s little evidence to support the claims the two women “don’t get on”, royal biographer Duncan Larcombe told Yahoo UK.
“It would be a real shame to Harry and William if their wives don’t get on, but it’s quite a big leap of speculation,” says Duncan.
“There is no particular incident or occasion where they didn’t get on,” he says. “It is a very broad claim to be making, and is likely just gossip from palace staff.”
Kate brushes off feud rumours
Even Kate brushed off the feud claims last week, revealing she was extremely excited for her three children to have a little cousin.
During an appearance at Leicester University with her husband Prince William, the Duchess greeted crowds and was asked by members of the public about the impending arrival of the new royal baby.
The 36-year-old was asked if she was excited about the Duchess of Sussex and her new baby, but it was her reply which has brushed off rumours of a feud.
“Yes, absolutely, no it’s such a special time to have all kiddies,” Kate replied. “And a cousin for George and Charlotte as well, and Louis.
“So it will be really special.”
Got a story tip? Send it to email@example.com
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.