Advertisement

Charles and William's brutal reaction to Harry's record-breaking memoir

The Duke of Sussex dropped countless bombshells about his family in his book Spare.

King Charles and Prince William have made no contact with Prince Harry since the release of his record-breaking memoir Spare last week. The Duke of Sussex and his wife Meghan Markle have also reportedly been left in the dark as to whether or not they will be invited to the King's coronation in May, The Sun claims.

A source told the publication that since the release of the book "there has been no conversations or contact" from William and Charles.

Prince William, King Charles, and Prince Harry
King Charles and Prince William's brutal reaction to Prince Harry's record-breaking memoir Spare has been revealed. Photo: Getty

It comes after insiders told The Sunday Times that peace talks might take place in the coming months between Harry, Charles and William, with one source suggesting the relationships are "fixable", but will take "flexibility on all sides".

"It needs Harry over here, in the room with the King and Prince of Wales and a couple of other family members," the source said. "Both sides need to hold their hands up and admit we didn’t get everything right, and we got a lot wrong."

RELATED:

Another insider added, "They have to invite them in before the coronation, or it will become such a circus and distraction."

The book has been out for a little over two weeks after it was accidentally put on sale in Spain days ahead of its official release, with Harry being met with silence from his family.

In the book, Harry spills many secrets about the royals, with the Duke telling ITV's Tom Bradby he does want to attend the coronation but added "the ball is in their court".

"There’s a lot that can happen between now and then," he said. "But, the door is always open. The ball is in their court. There’s a lot to be discussed and I really hope that they’re willing to sit down and talk about it."

Prince Harry's book Spare
Spare has been out for a little over a week after it was accidentally released ahead of the official release date in Spain. Photo: Penguin Random House

Harry also shared, "I would like to get my father back, I would like to have my brother back."

In another interview with The Telegraph, the Prince also shared that he has enough content to write even more books about his experience as a royal but cut out half of the first draft as he feared William and Charles wouldn't forgive him for revealing so much.

Harry said there are some things "I just don't want the world to know", and as such, they weren't included in the book, which was written by ghostwriter J.R. Moehringer.

"It could have been two books, put it that way," he added, also saying it was impossible to share his story without including his family members "because they play such a crucial part in it, and also because you need to understand the characters and personalities of everyone within the book".

"But there are some things that have happened, especially between me and my brother, and to some extent between me and my father, that I just don't want the world to know. Because I don't think they would ever forgive me," he said.

The Prince added that it could be argued that they won't forgive him anyway.

"But the way I see it is, I'm willing to forgive you for everything you've done, and I wish you'd actually sat down with me, properly, and instead of saying I'm delusional and paranoid, actually sit down and have a proper conversation about this, because what I'd really like is some accountability. And an apology to my wife."

Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.

Or if you have a story idea, email us at lifestyle.tips@yahooinc.com.