Carrie Bickmore’s rumoured seven-figure I’m A Celebrity salary revealed
Executives are trying to get Carrie Bickmore to return to Channel Ten.
Carrie Bickmore has had a whirlwind few months, with the star quitting The Project in November and then announcing her split from long-term partner Chris Walker in January. The TV host, who had been working with Channel Ten for 17 years, was originally thought to have left the network for good.
A Ten spokesperson told TV Tonight that Carrie was ‘leaving Channel 10’, but ‘hoped to work with her again’ in the future. Now, a TV insider has revealed to New Idea that Carrie may appear on the network sooner rather than later. The radio host, 42, is reportedly in negotiations to join Dr Chris Brown on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
According to a ‘well placed’ insider, Carrie has been offered a 'wild' seven-figure salary to join Chris in the jungle.
“It’s been about three months of closed-door negotiations at Network 10 and while nothing has been locked in yet, TV executives are willing to wait until the very last minute if they have to,” the source told the publication.
“They know this would be a dream outcome, and if what I’m hearing is correct, there is a good chance Carrie could be joining Chris on that safari any day now.”
Carrie Bickmore's tribute to Peter Helliar after shock exit: 'Good luck'
Carrie Bickmore 'rocked' by brutal blow after split from partner
If executives can manage to land Carrie, it would restore some confidence in the network. Since November last year, Ten has lost a string of high-profile stars, including Peter Helliar, Lisa Wilkinson and Dr Chris Brown, who is due to move to Seven once I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! wraps up.
The reality TV show is due to premiere on Sunday, April 2, and the network has been rumoured to have offered Carrie an eye-watering $1 million to sweeten the deal.
“They have thrown a lot of money at Carrie to get her on board,” the source added. “It would be pretty ironic if Carrie saved the network despite quitting The Project.”
The star has remained tight-lipped on the subject, with her social media accounts being less active than usual. The last post she made on Instagram was about her daughter Adelaide’s fourth birthday, back in December 2022.
Channel 10's mass exodus continues
This comes after Channel 10 suffered another blow with journalist Peter van Onselen following in Carrie's footsteps.
The controversial journalist, who joined the network in 2018 as its political editor and served as co-host of The Project for a year and a half, has reportedly made the decision to leave the network and make a return to academia.
Peter previously worked at Sky News Australia and wrote a regular column for The Australian, which he is believed to continue after his exit from 10.
Prior to his time in media, Peter worked as an adviser for Tony Abbott, was an associate professor at Edith Cowan University, and wrote a biography of John Howard with Wayne Errington.
Barbiecore: The hot pink accessories fans call 'the best of the best'
Strong, shiny hair: Shoppers are 'obsessed' with this repairing range
Just last month Peter hinted on social media that he was tired of the ongoing commute between Sydney and Canberra for parliament.
“On the way to Canberra for the first sitting week of the year. I've *only* been doing this for four years,” he tweeted.
“I don't know how politicians sustain it for a decade or more. We sometimes forget the sacrifices they make!”
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.