Woman releases stomach voice note after accidentally swallowing AirPod

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·Lifestyle Editor
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

A woman who claims she accidentally swallowed an AirPod instead of a painkiller has released the audio footage of the device transmitting from her stomach.

Carli Bellmer, who goes by the handle @IamCarliiib, initially released a video of herself crying after swallowing her left AirPod instead of an Ibuprofen.

Carli Bellmer crying after swallowing an AirPod
Carli Bellmer accidentally swallowed an AirPod after mistaking it for a painkiller. Photo: TikTok/iamcarliiib

"I was crawling into bed," Carli said. "I had an Ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my left AirPod in the other."

"I like threw something back, took my water bottle and took a sip and then realised it wasn't the Ibuprofen,"

“I tried puking it up and it won’t come out and I’m f****g losing my mind”

A little under 24 hours after the incident, Carli said that she got a notification on her phone telling her that the AirPod had been detected.

RELATED: 

Woman swallows AirPod instead of Ibuprofen
In a picture, she showed her followers how she made the mistake. Photo: TikTok/iamcarliiib

The message read: “An AirPods Pro has been moving with you for a while. The owner can see its location. You can play a sound to find it.

In another video, Carli revealed that she had sent her friend a voice memo of the noise from inside her stomach, which many people said sounds exactly like an ultrasound.

"Before I disconnected the AirPod from my phone, I played the 'Find My AirPod' sound and faintly heard it from my 🤰” she wrote.

Notification on Iphone from woman who swallowed her Airpod
A notification on her phone said her AirPod could still be detected. Photo: TikTok/iamcarliiib

People were shocked, with one user commenting: “So is this what babies hear?”

Another person said: “It sounds like an ultrasound a little bit lol also babies can deff fear everything we say.”

“I’m really sorry this happened to you but scientifically this is so interesting,” a commenter said.

Carlii said she was feeling good after swallowing the headphone and that she had worked all day but in a later update she said after getting an X-ray done, it showed that she had already passed the AirPod.

“An X-ray showed that I passed it. I had a feeling that I passed it. I did not retrieve it, but I know that it’s passed. I know that it was in my stomach and no longer is,” she said.

Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter .

Or if you have a story idea, email us at lifestyle.tips@yahooinc.com.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting