Channing Tatum Named PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive

November 15, 2012, 7:19 am People.com whomagazine

The Magic Mike actor officially named 2012's Sexiest Man Alive

Channing Tatum Named PEOPLE s Sexiest Man Alive

Getty Images

He may have bared (almost) all of that incredibly chiseled body in this year's Magic Mike but 2012's Sexiest Man Alive Channing Tatum was still modest when he heard the news.

"My first thought was, 'Y'all are messing with me,'" says Tatum, who married actress Jenna Dewan-Tatum in 2009. "I told Jenna after we'd been in the bathtub washing our dogs because they'd gotten skunked."

Says the actor: "She was like, 'What?'"

"Yeah, she calls me [the Sexiest Man Alive] now," he adds. And who can blame her?

Her Alabama-bred heartthrob of a husband is also a sculptor who quotes Edgar Allan Poe, loves to give her massages and can't wait to start their family. "I'm ready; I think she's ready," Tatum, 32, tells WHO's sister publication PEOPLE.

PHOTOS: Hollywood's Sexiest Family Guys!

As for how many, "the first number that pops into my head is three," he says "but I just want one to be healthy and then we'll see where we go after that."

"It’s really easy for us guys to say, 'I want like 15 kids,'" he continues. "Jenna will be like, 'Well you better get another wife!'"

Currently training to play an Olympic athlete in next year's Foxcatcher, Tatum is all heart and muscle at 195 pounds. "I like to be lean. If I get too bulky I can't move well and I like to move," he says. "When I'm not training, I get really round and soft."

Which is just fine by his wife. "People know him to be fun and sexy, but they don't know how emotionally deep and spiritually open he is," says Dewan-Tatum, 31. "He is such an open-hearted person; what you see is what you get."

1. Your Lordship07:33am Friday 16th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Well actually , they mean 2nd sexiest man alive etc ....... they did indeed offer me the title of Sexiest Man Alive , but being the humble and modest man that i am , i politely turned them down , because in reality I'M TOO SEXY ....

2. Roger04:18pm Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

It has to be Fatback Claudia, surely?

3. Linda12:49pm Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

I saw him in magic mike and I'm not one for drooling over men but he is an exception.

4. Avril12:29pm Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

No arguements with HIM being sexiest man alive. I mean OHMAGAWD he is so gorgeous. I would do anything to be his wife, but his wife is beautiful and they're a perfect couple.

5. Glib12:03pm Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

They don't say how big it is. Maybe he has a teeny one.

2 Replies
  6. raffe_ a11:58am Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

freckles are good !!! but he is far from sexy... good looking - yes...

7. Michelle J11:34am Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Alfred- cant you speak properly? Nothing you wrote makes sense- go back to school!

8. Alfred11:09am Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

What a stupit rubish .what sexy the smell under the armpits betwin there legs ?? They so sexy women drop them afther months bicos they love themself like women do.you can have 1000000 op[nions not a stupit magazin.to me a married man with kids not a stupit film star star ???? That a nother thing like glooniey..pitt do me they cant act a wast of time money have a nice day alf

9. andrew k10:46am Thursday 15th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Ewww, Look at his ugly freckles on his shoulders.