Today host Sarah Abo has shared her disappointment at the fact David Beckham's new Netflix documentary Beckham doesn't address the fact that the former footballer doesn't talk to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle anymore, despite attending their 2018 wedding.
Speaking to Daily Mirror associate editor Russell Myers about the premiere of the documentary, Sarah asked, "Do you reckon any bombshells will surface from this or will it be highly sanitised?"
"I'm looking forward to it, there's definitely not so many bombshells, but if I had one question I'd ask him why he wasn't speaking to Harry and Meghan anymore, maybe we'd get a few juicy bits out of that? You never know!" he responded.
"You should have asked him that on the red carpet, Rusty, and given us the scoop, next time!" Sarah said, disappointed not to have the gossip.
Harry and David appeared to be close but are rumoured to have fallen out in 2018, when the Sussexes reportedly accused David and Victoria Beckham of leaking stories about them to the press, something which the Beckhams profusely denied and were reportedly 'furious' about, according to The Mirror.
Adding fuel to the fire of the rumoured 'feud', Harry and Meghan reportedly didn't attend events such as football games if the Beckhams were in attendance.
The Beckhams were reportedly two of Harry and Meghan's closest friends when the Suits star first moved to the UK in 2017.
The two couples reportedly had mutual friends, and by the time Harry and Meghan announced their engagement in 2017, Victoria and the former actress were believed to be so close that they would "regularly text".
Vanity Fair reported in 2018, when the friendship was still strong, "They get along well and have been in touch recently. Meghan really likes Victoria’s style and was keen to pick her brains about pulling together a working wardrobe."
The friendship was tested when stories of Victoria helping Meghan were published, making the Sussexes nervous that their friends were leaking stories about them.
The Mail on Sunday reports that Harry confronted David over the phone, leaving the footballer "furious", with an insider close to the Beckhams adding, "Any making up now is so unlikely."
A source also told The Sun at the time, "Harry is very protective of Meghan, and decided to deal with the matter head-on, by directly contacting his good pal, David. He quickly put Harry right, and the two men agreed to move on — but it certainly made things awkward for a while."
Rumours of a 'feud' continued to plague the two couples, despite David publicly expressing his support for Harry and Meghan in 2020 when they announced they would be stepping down from their roles as senior members of the royal family.
"We love him," he told Entertainment Tonight. "But I’m proud to see him growing up as an individual and being that person that every father wants to be. Every father wants to be loving to their children and that’s what I see with him."
He added that he and Harry hadn't spoken about the Duke's decision to move, saying, "I haven’t spoken to Harry about him moving. We speak as friends and that’s the most important thing for me."
David added, "I think he’s enjoying being a young father for the first time and that’s what we always spoke about. When you are a parent, it changes everything for you. He always needs to be happy."
Most recently, Harry was seen supporting Inter Miami, the football club co-owned by David, just last month. The Duke was seen with a big smile as the club beat LAFC 3-1.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.