- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Just days after it was revealed that the Queen has tested positive for Covid-19, the palace has now announced that Her Majesty has decided to cancel her planned virtual engagements.
On Sunday, royal watchers were left concerned after it was announced that the 95-year-old Monarch was experiencing ‘milk cold-like symptoms’.
Now, Buckingham Palace says the Queen has canceled a virtual engagement she was supposed to host, but is still carrying out light duties.
It’s believed she will decide nearer to the time whether to go ahead with further engagements this week, such as her weekly conversation with Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
On Sunday, the palace said: “She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all appropriate guidelines”.
The Queen, who is believed to be triple vaccinated, had held both virtual and in-person engagements in the past week including a meeting with the Prince of Wales just days before he tested positive for coronavirus for the second time.
It was previously reported that the monarch was being monitored for symptoms after Prince Charles was forced to pull out of an event marking the 70th anniversary of Elizabeth II becoming Queen.
“This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating," his office, Clarence House, said in a statement on Twitter earlier this month. “HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.”
Prince Charles previously tested positive for COVID-19 in March 2020, with Clarence House saying he was “displaying mild symptoms” including a loss of his smell and taste.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter .
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.