It's been a difficult week for the Queen to say the least, dealing with Prince Harry and Meghan's permanent exodus from royal life, while also awaiting news on her husband Prince Philip who remains in hospital.
The 99-year-old was taken to hospital as a "precautionary measure" last week after "feeling unwell", and is set to remain there several more days.
“It’s been a rough few weeks for the queen, that’s for sure,” a royal source told Us Weekly.
“The situation with Harry and Meghan has been challenging, and on top of that, she’s distraught over her beloved husband’s health setback.”
Another source also claimed there had been some "tearful moments".
"Emotions are definitely running high," they told the publication.
The Queen has been isolating at Windsor Castle, with Buckingham Palace not sharing whether Her Majesty will make the 41km journey to visit her husband.
Due to the pandemic, visitors are being kept to a minimum so as not to spread Covid to already sick patients.
The hospital has said visitors would only be allowed in "exceptional circumstances" which has royal fans concerned that if the Queen did visit Philip, it could mean his health has taken a turn for the worse.
Prince Charles has been the only member of the royal family to visit his father.
Buckingham Palace on Wednesday revealed the cause of Prince Philip's hospitalisation.
"The Duke of Edinburgh remains at King Edward VII’s Hospital where he is receiving medical attention for an infection," the palace said in a statement shared with HuffPost.
"He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days."
Sources close to the palace had previously shared Philip's illness was not Covid related with both the Prince and the Queen receiving their first vaccines in January.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.