'This is wonderful': Fans thrilled as Prince Harry breaks post-Megxit silence

Gillian Wolski
Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer

Prince Harry has broken his silence following emergency ‘Megxit’ talks to announce a ‘new home’ for the Invictus Games, a major sporting event he created for wounded, injured or sick armed servicemen and women.

The Duke, who is the event’s patron, revealed that the 2022 competition will be held in Düsseldorf, Germany on Thursday.

Harry, 35, shared the news in a short video on @SussexRoyal, the Instagram account he shares with his wife, Meghan Markle.

Prince Harry breaks silence with huge post-Megxit announcement. Photo: Instagram/@sussexroyal.

The father-of-one appeared happy and proud to declare that the city in Western Germany will be “a new home for respect for our armed forces” in the clip.

Royal fans flooded the comments section of the post with praise and excitement for the upcoming event.

“Lots of support and love for you all!! This is wonderful,” wrote one.

“Go king Harry!” said another.

“I love this, can’t wait!” one added.

Even though she didn’t feature in the video, fans also shared their love for Duchess Meghan.

“Love M and H!!!!!” wrote one.

“Love you both so much,” said another.

“You both have my full support,” pledged one.

Harry and Meghan are set to quit the royal family to move to Canada. Photo: Getty Images.

Harry’s message comes just days after he, along with his father Prince Charles and brother Prince William, was summoned by the Queen for a crisis meeting to thrash out the details of the Sussexes’s proposed exit from the royal family.

Harry and Meghan made the bombshell announcement that they are ‘stepping back’ as senior royals last week and relocating to Canada, sending shockwaves through the Palace and the world.

While the Duke is expected to remain in London for continuing discussions with Her Majesty and royal officials, the Duchess has already returned to the couple’s Vancouver Island home base to be with their eight-month-old son Archie.

A day before her husband’s Invictus news, Meghan was spotted boarding a seaplane and later visiting a local women’s shelter.

The fifth Invictus Games will head to The Hague this year, after previously been held in London, Orlando, Toronto and, most recently, Sydney.

“I hope everyone in Germany is ready for what will be an incredible week of sport!” Harry was quoted in the caption for the video.

“I have no doubt that the German public will get right behind these Games and that every single competitor can expect a warm welcome and an amazing atmosphere,” he added.

Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com

Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? Follow Yahoo Lifestyle on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.