'Not necessary': Real reason Meghan didn't attend crisis talks

Meghan Markle's absence from emergency Megxit talks has been revealed by the Palace. Photo: Getty Images.

Following rumours that she was ‘barred’ from Monday’s crisis talks with the Queen, the real reason Meghan Markle wasn’t included has been revealed.

Buckingham Palace has now confirmed that the Duchess did not take part in the emergency Megxit meeting at Sandringham because she and her husband, Prince Harry, decided it ‘wasn’t necessary’.

“In the end, the Sussexes decided that it wasn't necessary for the Duchess to join,” a representative for Buckingham Palace told Yahoo U.K. on Tuesday.

Earlier on, it was speculated that the 38-year-old would participate via conference call from Canada after returning stateside last Friday, but those plans were reportedly called off over security concerns.

According to Daily Mail, a royal aid had let slip before the meeting that a Skype call was deemed ‘too risky’.

“This was a highly confidential family discussion, not a conference call,” the royal aid allegedly told the publication.

“While the Queen has no objection in principle to Skype or conference calls, for clarity’s sake it is more likely that Harry will break off from the negotiations to call the Duchess,” they added.

Meghan Markle didn't join Prince Harry for a royal meeting at Sandringham to discuss their future plans. (Photo: Getty)

While his wife rejoined their 8-month-old son Archie in Vancouver Island, Prince Harry remained in the UK to represent his family at the so-called ‘Sandringham summit’ to discuss their future with the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

The meeting was followed by a statement from the Queen which detailed the outcome of the “constructive discussions.”

The 93-year-old monarch said they were “entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family.

“Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family,” she added.

However, there are still many questions regarding Harry and Meghan’s future - including whether they’ll be stripped of their royal titles - which remain unanswered.

Additional reporting by Francesca Specter.

Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com

Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? Follow Yahoo Lifestyle on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.