Embattled ABC News presenter Natasha Exelby has reportedly resigned, weeks after her gaffe on live television.
The newsreader's stunned reaction at realising the camera had cut back to her while distracted last month went viral and she did not have on-air duties for the public broadcaster after the incident.
This attracted widespread attention, with many fellow broadcasters expressing empathy and outrage and viewers starting a petition to push the ABC to put Exelby back on the air, after it was reported she was fired.
However, ABC news director Gaven Morris said at the time the television journalist had been banned were untrue.
He said Exelby would not be currently doing on-air shifts and "this will be subject to normal performance management".
It was reported the former foreign correspondent had been moved to junior producer shifts.
At the time the blooper went public, the ABC told the media Exelby's removal from on-air duties was over due to alleged “behavioural issues”, however she claimed such issues had not been raised with her prior to the scandal.
It is believed the reporter rejected the conduct claims and resigned from the network on Wednesday, News Corp reported.
“Natasha Exelby has chosen not to do some casual shifts she was rostered for," an ABC spokesperson said.
"Natasha was not taken off-air because of a 'blooper' and ABC News has been clear that we’re open to working with her again, including the possibility of future presenting shifts.”
Exelby declined to comment on the matter.