Queen removes Harry and Meghan photo at Buckingham Palace

Kristine Tarbert
Senior Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II greets High Commissioner for Grenada, Lakisha Grant at the Palace. Photo: Getty

It’s the case of the missing photograph and it has royal fans wondering whether the Queen maybe isn’t too happy about Harry and Meghan’s recent explosive and emotional interviews.

Back in July, eagle-eyed royal watchers spotted a photo of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on a small side table in the Queen’s audience room in Buckingham Palace.

But when photos were released of another meeting in the same room this week, the photo of the couple had mysteriously disappeared.

The Queen was had a private meeting with the High Commissioner for Grenada, Kisha Alexander-Grant, when photos reveal the small table with a red and white lamp and a small clock, now only had two framed pictures.

The photo is still on the table in the image on the right from July. Photos: Getty

One showing Kate and William, and the other showing William together with Prince Harry in their military uniforms.

Twitter blew with people speculating why the photo of the Sussexes, which went on display days after their May 2018 wedding, was no longer there. When on July 24, during the Queen’s meeting with new British PM Boris Johnson, it was right in front of the Cambridges' photo.

“Looks like Harry and Meghan are being slowly erased,” one person said on Twitter.

Photo: Twitter
Photo: Twitter

While others just thought a big fuss was being made out of nothing.

Photo: Twitter

Harry and Meghan ‘struggling’ with royal life

This development comes after both Harry and Meghan opened up about some of the struggles of being in the spotlight in a series of explosive interviews.

The couple’s comments came as part of a one-hour ITV documentary, filmed during the recent tour of South Africa that she embarked on earlier this month with Prince Harry and baby Archie, which aired in the UK last weekend.

Meghan admitted it has been ‘a struggle’ with the pressures she’s facing, and it’s not something that many have asked about.

“Thank you for asking, because not many people have asked if I’m OK. But it’s a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes,” she said.

The interviewer asked the royal if she’s “not really OK, as in it’s really been a struggle?” to which Meghan replies: “Yes”.

Harry and Meghan recently opened up about the 'struggles' of royal life. Photo: Getty

Harry confirms rift with brother Prince William

During filming for the documentary, presenter Tom Bradby – who has known the duke for fifteen years – also asked about the rumours of a royal family rift following the split in the two households.

“Part of this role, part of this job and this family being under the pressure that it is under, inevitably stuff happens,” he responded.

But we are brothers, we will always be brothers. We are certainly on different paths at the moment but I will always be there for him as I know he will be for me.”

Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com.

Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? Follow Yahoo Lifestyle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.