Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were said to be in ‘real shock’ when three of their royal staff quit just months after their wedding, with rumours swirling that the newest member of the family is difficult to work for.
However, it seems things at Kensington Palace may still be in turmoil, as the Duchess of Sussex’s personal secretary has now decided to leave their staff-force, according to The Times.
Australian, Samantha Cohen, who has worked for the family for 17 years, has apparently handed in her resignation, just weeks after Meghan’s personal assistant, known only as Melissa, walked out.
50-year-old Samantha, who attended the couple’s May 19th wedding, used to work closely with the Queen and is said to have been one of her ‘most trusted’ aides.
Samantha reportedly was tasked with teaching the new Duchess all about royal etiquette.
“Sam will be a huge loss,” a source told The Times.
“Going forward, Meghan might need someone cut from a slightly different cloth to traditional courtiers, who is not a career civil servant or royal insider.”
Meghan Markle has reportedly “ripped up the rule book” when it comes to traditions in the royal family.
This includes ‘bombarding’ aides with texts after her daily routine of waking up at 5am, according to the Mail on Sunday.
An alleged royal insider claims she messages aides up to seven times a day with ideas about her role, and is so enthusiastic that she’s been organising a number of ‘undercover’ missions to meet members of the British public who are associated with ‘good causes’.
The news of Samantha’s departure will no doubt once again rock the royal couple, who were said to be in shock when Melissa left last month.
“Melissa is a hugely talented person,” a source told The Daily Mail.
“She played a pivotal role in the success of the Royal Wedding and will be missed by everyone in the Royal Household.”
However, Melissa isn’t the only one choosing to step down from her position – the royal couple’s private secretary Samantha Cohen is also preparing to quit her role.
These two resignations follow on from that of Edward Lane Fox who was essentially Harry’s “right-hand man,” before his recent departure after 15 years in the role.
According to an insider it’s starting to become an alarming trend that isn’t reflecting too well on the royal couple who have just returned from their Australian tour.
“To lose one member of the household could happen to anyone. To lose three in a few months is starting to look like a stampede, a source told the Daily Mail.
Got a story tip? Send it to email@example.com
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.