Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, pregnant with second child
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have confirmed they are expecting another baby together.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed Meghan is pregnant on Sunday evening from their home in the United States, Monday morning for Australians.
“We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother," they said in a joint statement. "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”
The pair announced the joyous news with a stunning black and white snap taken in the gardens of their Californian mansion.
In the photo, Harry can be seen resting his hand on Meghan's head as she lies in his lap cradling her bump.
Baby news! “We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother,” says a spokesperson for Harry and Meghan. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.” pic.twitter.com/GrqSiBxaXa
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) February 14, 2021
The photo was taken by longtime friend Misan Harriman who shot the photo remotely according to trusted friend and journalist Omid Scobie, who tweeted the news this morning.
Meghan Markle wins court case over 'personal and private' letter
The baby will be the pair's second child after welcoming Archie on the 6 May 2019, and it's not yet clear when the bub is due to arrive.
The baby will also be whats commonly referred to as a 'rainbow baby', the first baby after theirtragic miscarriage last year.
The sad news was shared by the Duchess of Sussex in July 2020 in a deeply personal article for the New York Times, writing: “I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second.”
Meghan was praised for the ‘brave’ move she took in penning the essay, with many women who have gone through the same thing claiming it makes them feel ‘less alone’.
The news also comes on the back of Meghan's big court win earlier this month.
The Duchess released an emotional statement on February 12 after winning her High Court privacy claim against UK publisher Associated Newspapers Ltd.
A judge on Thursday agreed with Meghan Markle's legal team that it was "unlawful" for the newspaper to publish parts of a letter she wrote to her father, Thomas Markle Snr, after her wedding to Prince Harry.
Its the second happy baby news for the British family this year, after Princess Eugenie welcomed her first baby with husband Jack Brooksbank earlier in February.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.