It’s becoming easy to go plant-based, or stick to a ‘flexitarian’ diet with the introduction of many meat-free alternatives. The latest meat substitute to hit the shelves is Future Farm, with a wide range of products aiming to help you eat healthier, for yourself and the planet.
It’s not hard to create a plant-based version of most dishes these days, and this delicious recipe shows just how easy homemade pizzas can be.
Meatless Feast Pizza
Serves: 4x 12’’ pizzas
Preparation: 45 minutes plus proving time
Cooks in: 15 minutes
NB: You can use pre-made dough if you're short on time
For the dough:
1 kg 00 pizza flour
700 ml water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
7 g fast action dried yeast
26 g sea salt
For the pizza:
1 400 g tin of good quality chopped tomatoes
5 tablespoons coarse semolina
1 x packet of future farm meatballs, cut into slices
200 g grated vegan mozzarella
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
2 red chillies, thinly sliced
For the garlic dip:
5 tablespoons vegan mayo
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon mixed herbs or herbes de provence
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the dough and knead in a stand mixer for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover and leave to rise for 2-3 hours until more than doubled in size. Alternatively, rather than kneading, mix all the ingredients together and leave overnight, covered with clingfilm.
2. Open the tin of tomatoes and add 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Mix well. This is your pasta sauce.
3. Slice your meatballs and vegetables. Set aside
4. To make your pizzas, split your dough into 4-5 even balls. Tuck them in under themselves to make a tight ball, then cover and allow to prove for another hour.
5. Preheat a pizza oven, or your oven to its highest grill setting.
6. Roll out each ball of pizza dough on a clean surface with a scattering of coarse semolina. Use your hands to push the dough into a large circle, leaving slightly more dough at the edges for a crust.
7. Top your dough with 2-3 tablespoons of tomato sauce, a large handful of grated mozzarella and the Future Farm meatballs and vegetables.
8. Cook in your pizza oven for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly. Alternatively, bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted, the dough has risen and the edges are golden and blistered.
9. While the pizzas are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
10. Enjoy immediately
Future Farm has a range of meat alternatives, including burger patties, meatballs and mince. Their products can be found at Coles and are vegan friendly.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.