Advertisement

Hidden detail in trailer for Harry and Meghan's Netflix documentary

A hidden detail has been spotted in the first trailer for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s bombshell Netflix documentary series Harry & Meghan, with the first part set to be released on Thursday.

The teaser video opens with a number of black and white snaps of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex looking loved up and joyous, before transitioning to photos that showcase the more emotional moments during their relationship.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix documentary.
Netflix released the first trailer for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s six-part documentary series last week. Photos: Netflix

“No one sees what's happening behind closed doors,” Harry says after being asked why he wanted to make the documentary.

“I had to do everything I could to protect my family.”

One image featured in the trailer shows a large number of photographers holding their cameras, highlighting that the couple were hounded by paparazzi when they lived in the UK.

RELATED

However, The Sun has reported that the image was actually taken at the London premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two in 2011, five years before Harry and Meghan met.

According to the publication, no members of the royal family attended the event, which saw author JK Rowling and the film’s stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint walk the red carpet. Instead, the photo reportedly comes up first on the stock image website Alamy when you search ‘paparazzi’.

Paparazzi at the London premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two in 2011.
An image used in the trailer was actually taken at the London premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two in 2011. Photo: Netflix

Royal expert Ingrid Seward told The Sun: “I don’t imagine Harry would have realised, but Netflix have been careless here as it weakens Harry’s comment about protecting his family. This fake picture weakens his point.”

The publication’s photographer Doug Seeburg, who can be seen in the image, added: “In the Netflix trailer it’s implied the photographers, including me, were trying to get a shot of the royal couple — but that’s nonsense.

“For a picture from that premiere to turn up in this trailer about Harry and Meghan seems like lazy picture research.”

Charles' response to the documentary trailer

Following the release of the six-part documentary trailer on Friday, The Mail on Sunday has reported that King Charles and his wife Queen Consort Camilla are “not worried” but are “wearied” by the constant 'attacks' by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Sources from Buckingham Palace revealed there is mounting frustration and exhaustion at the constant complaints from Harry and Meghan about their treatment by the royal family before they stepped down as senior royals.

SHOP:

The Prince and Princess of Wales were reportedly “surprised, but not that surprised” by the fact the trailer was released during their high-profile visit to the US, insiders shared.

The sources added that the royal family has made “magnanimous and very deliberate gestures” to include Harry as much as possible in the events that followed the Queen's death in September, including allowing him to wear his military uniform during a vigil. However, they feel as though they're being repaid with 'near-constant outbursts', the publication claims.

Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.

Or if you have a story idea, email us at lifestyle.tips@yahooinc.com.