Steve and Helen's delicious Greek feast menu
For more info and an exclusive interview with Steve and Helen, click here!
1 cup Lemon juice
1 cup Dried Oregano (still on the stalk, available from deli’s)
3 – 4 Garlic cloves crushed
2 cups Salt
Half a lamb (about 4 kilograms)
1. You will need half a lamb, cut in “souvla pieces” (about fist size, done by specialty butcher).
2. Marinate the pieces in lemon, garlic and oregano and lots of salt!
3. Put the pieces on a skewer and cook for about 3 hours on coal.
Helen’s Pourghouri Pilaf
1 cups of Burghul (cracked heat think version)
1 cup of Angel hair pasta
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste ¼ tsp of each
1 tin of diced tomatoes
1 tbls of Chicken powder stock
3 cups of Chicken stock liquid
1 cup of water
1 tsp of cumin
1 onion diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1. Pan fry the onion, garlic in olive oil until translucent, then throw in the Angel hair and pan fry until it browns.
2. Add the tomatoes and spices and panfry for about 8 mins.
3. Add the Burghul and quickly toss it and then add all the liquid and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 mins.
For more MKR recipes, click here!
4kg Good quality Belgium chocolate (we used milk chocolate)
Selection of strawberries, marshmallows, dates, Turkish delight, dried fruit, figs and bananas.
Medium size chocolate fountain
1. To set up the fountain, you need to switch it on to warm the plate
2. Once it is hot you then add in about 7 cups of chocolate and start melting it.
3. Keep adding the chocolate 1 cup at a time until the fountain starts to flow.
4. Arrange a selection of goodies onto a skewer.
5. Hold skewer under fountain and dip away.
6. If you want a real treat, take a small glass and hold it under the fountain for a chocolate shot!
If you like the look of this recipe, Chocolate Fountains are available from www.melt-chocolate-fountain.com.au