Advertisement

Wondering Whether King Charles Will Attend Easter Church Service? Here’s What We Know.

Wondering Whether King Charles Will Attend Easter Church Service? Here’s What We Know.

Attn: King Charles will potentially join the royal family’s yearly Easter outing this week despite taking a step away from attending public events amid his cancer diagnosis.

More specifically, the 75-year-old reportedly hopes to attend a church service for the holiday at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on Sunday (March 31). That said, it’s important to note that Charles’s appearance won’t be confirmed until the day of. Regardless, the service is set to be smaller than it’s been in years past, given the advice of his doctors to limit the number of people he comes into contact with during his treatment.

According to a Palace source who spoke with The Telegraph, “The King and Queen are hoping to attend some form of Easter service in Windsor. However, it will not be the large family gathering that we might expect to see in different circumstances.”

Meanwhile, Danielle Stacey, HELLO!’s online royal correspondent, noted the following to the outlet: “It’s understood that King Charles may attend a church service on Easter Sunday with a smaller royal turnout if his health allows it. Charles has minimised his contact with larger crowds to reduce risks as he continues his cancer treatment.”

king charles
WPA Pool - Getty Images

According to an insider who recently opened up to People, King Charles is fortunately “progressing well” under the care he’s currently in, and there is an “amplified confidence” around his general health and the situation at large. “He is positive, the doctors are optimistic,” the source added before noting that the royal is planning for a “summer diary” but won’t commit to any engagements until “medical advice nearer the time,” which fair!

Other members of the royal family not set to attend the gathering at Windsor Castle? Kate Middleton, Prince William, and their three children—Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis—likely as a result of the Princess of Wales’s own medical treatments upon her cancer diagnosis.

According to a spokesperson for Kensington Palace, Kate will base her official return to public duties on advice from her doctors: “The Princess will return to official duties when she is cleared to do so by her medical team. She is in good spirits and is focused on making a full recovery.”

A refresher that the Princess of Wales revealed the news of her diagnosis via a prerecorded video she posted on social media this past Friday (March 22). In the announcement, Kate said in part, “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

She added, “I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal in my mind, body, and spirits.”

Wishing Kate a speedy recovery during this difficult time.

You Might Also Like