Shane Warne’s 21-year-old son, Jackson, is gearing up to take part in an upcoming TV show that’s described ominously as ‘the world’s toughest physical test of celebrities yet.’
Titled SAS: Who Dares Wins, the military-esque program will see Jackson and 13 other famous Aussie faces as they attempt to endure the gruelling Special Air Service — or SAS — selection process.
While Jackson has yet to be officially announced as part of Channel 7’s cast, it appears that the young man has been putting in some time at the gym to ensure he’s in the best shape possible.
On July 15, he took to Instagram to share a shirtless snap of his muscled back, earning praise from his followers — including his famous dad.
“Great pic! Massive,” the cricketing great wrote in the comments.
Others remarked on Jackson’s ‘gains’ while one simply wrote “WOW”.
In December 2019, the keen poker player posted a photo of his intense workout which involved walking lunges while holding two 20kg weights.
The remaining celebs who’ll be put through their paces are rumoured to include at least two Bachie alumni in the form of The Bachelor star Nick ‘Honey Badger’ Cummins, 32, and former Bachelorette Ali Oetjen, 33.
Cricket star Mitchell Johnson, 38, ex-swimming champ James Magnussen, 28, and PR maven Roxy Jacenko, 40, are some other names floating around.
Olympic hurdler Jana Pittman, 37, was reportedly cast until she discovered she was pregnant and was forced to drop out, Woman’s Day claimed.
Former Biggest Loser trainer Shannon Ponton has stepped in to take her place, the publication added.
When contacted for comment, a Channel 7 spokesperson told Yahoo Lifestyle that there was ‘no confirmation’ on current casting speculation.
Director of network programming, Angus Ross, has previously described the cast as ‘absolutely killer’.
“The best I’ve seen in a long time in terms of celebrity reality,” he told Mediaweek in June.
What is SAS: Who Dares Wins?
The Channel 7 show is modelled off the hit UK series of the same name featuring ‘Chief Instructor’ Ant Middleton. At the network’s Upfronts presentation in October 2019, it was confirmed that the former British soldier would be heading Down Under to teach the Aussie contestants a thing or two.
A post on Channel 7’s official Facebook account also announced that a local version of SAS: Who Dares Wins would be ‘coming in 2020’.
“It’s the toughest test of their lives. Fourteen Aussie celebs will eat, sleep and train together in spectacular and punishing terrain with no allowances made for their celebrity status. They’re attempting to overcome the intensive SAS selection process, led by Chief Instructor Ant Middleton,” the post read.
The show was originally planned to be filmed in Queenstown, New Zealand, with production scheduled to begin in March. As with many other shows, however, the coronavirus outbreak forced production to grind to a halt.
On March 25 the network’s Chief Revenue Officer Kurt Burnette revealed that production of the show had been halted by the coronavirus outbreak.
“Holey Moley, SAS Who Dares and Australia’s Got Talent have been impacted and we wait for a clearance to recommence production,” Burnette said in a statement shared with Yahoo Lifestyle.
According to a July 24 report by TV Tonight, however, SAS: Who Dares Wins is set to recommence shooting ‘in coming weeks’ at an alternate, COVID-friendly location in Jindabyne, in the Snowy Mountains.