Prince Harry finding life with Meghan Markle in LA 'challenging'

Sarah Carty
Features & Style Editor

It’s only been a few weeks since Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and their son Archie upped sticks and moved from Canada to LA but according to one of his friends, the former senior royal is finding life ‘‘a bit challenging’.

The Sussexes stunned royal watchers when they announced back in January that they were stepping away from their roles and would be splitting their time between the UK and Canada. 

Prince Harry is said to be finding life in LA 'challenging'. Photo: Getty Images

Now, famous primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall, who is known for her efforts in trying to protect chimpanzees from extinction, has hinted that maybe life in the US isn’t going to plan for the couple. 

“I don’t know how his career is going to map out, but, yes, I’ve been in touch – though I think he’s finding life a bit challenging right now,” the 86-year-old told the Radio Times.

She also went on to claim that Prince Harry’s days of hunting with his family might be over as Meghan isn’t a fan of it. 

And it seems that’s already in place, as Prince Harry has missed the Windosr family’s annual Christmas hunt for the past two years, a tradition which he had been doing alongside his brother William for the past 20 years. 

Prince Harry is pictured with Dr. Jane Goodall when he attended the Roots & Shoots Global Leadership Meeting at Windsor Castle on July 23, 2019. Photo: Getty Images

Prince George made headlines when he somewhat controversially took part in his first hunt at age five. Mum Kate Middleton was there, along with most of the Windsors, but Prince Harry was reportedly not present.

Harry used to be an avid hunter and did his first grouse hunt 21 years ago. But it seems that is now all over.

“Harry loves it and has always been out there on Boxing Day. But if it means breaking with long-standing royal traditions to avoid upsetting her, so be it,” a royal source told the Sunday Mirror at the time. 

Harry and Meghan move to LA

Back in March, Harry and Meghan shocked fans when they made the move from Canada to the US. 

They weren’t the only ones caught off guard it seems, as President Donald Trump took to his Twitter account and said that Harry and Meghan Markle must pay for their own security if they move to the United States.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their Archewell Foundation last week. Photo: Getty Images

“The US will not pay for their security protection,” Trump tweeted. “They must pay!”

Later the same day, the royal couple replied to those rumours saying, in a statement to Chris Ship, royal correspondent for British television network ITV, that “privately funded security arrangements have been made” and that Meghan and Harry have “no plans” to get assistance from the US.

Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com