‘MasterChef: Back To Win’ star Reece Hignell has a lot to celebrate after making the top five on the show, but there’s one touching fan tribute that’s particularly filled his heart with joy since his Sunday night elimination.
A dedicated viewer has compiled a montage celebrating the 30-year-old’s famous and unique clap on the show, showing Reece giving his round of applause throughout the season after challenges and kitchen victories.
“Oh my god, are you serious? I love the clap,” Reece told HuffPost Australia on Monday when he learnt of the feel-good YouTube video titled, “Happy Clappy Reece”. Watch it below.
The reality star, who initially appeared on the 2018 season of ‘MasterChef Australia’, said viewers’ positive reactions have been “the most touching” to him during this year’s all-stars season.
“I think for me that’s like the most touching part of the season. I didn’t think that people would support me as much as they have and I’m really, really grateful for that,” he said.
- Best Desserts By MasterChef's Reynold, Emelia, Jess And Reece
- MasterChef's Brendan Keen For Reece Spin-Off With Reece: 'We're Quite Sassy Towards Each Other'
- Let's Take A Moment To Appreciate How MasterChef's Melissa Describes Food
- What Happens To The Leftover Food On MasterChef Australia
- How MasterChef Star Reynold's Girlfriend Helped Him Reconnect With His Mother Tongue
Reece said he came out of his shell on the show this year, and let his bubbly personality further shine on national TV.
“Last season I was on, I enjoyed my time but I was really reserved,” he explained.
“This season I just wanted to be myself and have fun. I’m really glad that I did it, everyone got to enjoy all of the fun that I had. I like to have...