Both the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be present on Princess Charlotte’s first day of school, along with older brother Prince George, Kensington Palace has confirmed.
Five-year-old Princess Charlotte will be starting school next week on Thursday 5 September, at Thomas’s Battersea, the same institution big brother George has attended for the past two years.
In a statement, the Palace confirmed both of Princess Charlotte’s parents and older brother will be present as she begins her time at the $34,000 year private day school.
“Princess Charlotte, accompanied by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George, will attend her first day of school at Thomas's Battersea on Thursday 5th September,” said a palace statement shared with Yahoo.
However, it would seem baby Prince Louis will remain at home with childcare for the occasion.
Back in 2017, when George started at the school, Duchess Kate, then pregnant with her younger son Louis, was unable to be there due to her acute morning sickness, known as hyperemesis gravidarum.
Thankfully, it seems nothing will get in the way of her attending her daughter’s big day.
While the plans for the big day are unknown, if Prince George’s first day in 2017 is anything to go by then it is likely there will be a short photo call before lessons begin, where we might see four out of five Cambridges pictured together.
Princess Charlotte previously attended $25,000 a year Willcocks Nursery in South Kensington, where she has been going since January 2018.
It was confirmed back in May this year that Princess Charlotte would go on to join Prince George at Thomas’s Battersea.
Simon O’Malley, Headmaster at Thomas’s Battersea, said: “We are delighted that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have decided that Princess Charlotte will join her elder brother, Prince George, at Thomas’s Battersea.
“We greatly look forward to welcoming her and all of our new pupils to the school in September.”