Karl Stefanovic and Piers Morgan are both big personalities in the British and Australian media industries.
Now the pair seem to be at war over the most famous woman in the world right now, Meghan Markle.
It all began on Wednesday morning in the United Kingdom as Piers accused the Duchess of Sussex of “acting” during her time in Dubbo, New South Wales.
“Every one of her family acts … I mean, she’s an actress. She’s acting great, I think, at the moment,” he said on Good Morning Britain.
Fast forward to Thursday morning in Australia, Karl was not happy at all with Piers’ comments, labelling them “disgraceful” on Today.
“She is an amazing woman and I think she’s doing her very best at the moment,” the 44-year-old presenter said. “She’s got a lot on her plate and she’s doing it so beautifully, she’s such a great export for Great Britain.
“What is that guy o? He’s lost the plot completely.”
It doesn’t end there, though. The lovely Mr. Morgan has fired back on Twitter, with a sarcastic quip at Karl, telling him to “pipe down”.
“You after an honorary knighthood or something?” he wrote.
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) October 17, 2018
Not going to lie, think we’re going to have to side with Karl on this one and most of Australia probably would too.
Meghan is on her first international royal tour with her husband Prince Harry.
The pair are currently in Melbourne, Victoria on day three of the tour, and yesterday they were in Dubbo, New South Wales.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Melbourne
In Melbourne on Thursday, Meghan was taken by surprise during an official appearance in the Victorian capital.
The 37-year-old accompanied Prince Harry to a special engagement to learn about some innovative programs developed by young Victorians, but she wasn’t expecting a slight fright when she met a particular group of school students.
Meghan and Harry diligently inspected a scaled miniature Formula 1 car designed and made by Trinity Grammar students, but as the mini vehicle zoomed down a makeshift track, Meghan jumped and covered her mouth, before nervously bursting into laughter.
Prince Harry and the school students giggled along with the Duchess of Sussex after her startled moment which was captured on camera.
Earlier that day the Duke and Duchess met locals along Government House Drive before heading into Government House for a reception hosted by the Governor of Victoria the Honourable Linda Dessau AC.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Dubbo visit
Earlier in the day, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex met five-year-old schoolboy Luke Vincent, who was overjoyed to come face-to-face with the royal couple.
He’d been waiting for the royal couple for hours, and in a heartwarming moment, the kindergartener dove straight in for a cuddle with Harry as the royal bent down to greet him.
The young boy, who has Down syndrome, was fascinated by the Duke of Sussex’s scruffy beard, and he reached in to touch it before presenting a pregnant Meghan with a some flowers and a hug.
According to Luke’s mum, he “loves” beards.
“Luke’s favourite person is Santa Claus, isn’t it?” she told 7News, to which Luke replied, “Yeah, Santa Claus.”
Mrs. Vincent admitted she was slightly concerned after Luke “jumped up” on Harry, as she was told there was a “no touching” rule around the royals.
“I was very concerned once he started rubbing Prince Harry’s face and his hair, but Prince Harry was completely gracious,” she said. “And was so polite and realised what was happening and his infatuation with his beard.
“We can only thank him so much for treating Luke with such respect.”
Meghan Markle is pregnant
Just hours after they arrived in Australia on Monday, the royal pair announced they were expecting their first child together.
Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public.
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) October 15, 2018
“Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019,” the palace said in statement on Twitter.
“Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public.”
Got a story tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.