Police have reportedly been called to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s California mansion nine times in as many months.
Official figures released this week, reveal the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office has responded to calls listed as phone requests, alarm activations and property crimes.
Harry and Meghan moved in to their $19 million Montecito home with one-year-old son Archie in July last year.
The data, obtained under Freedom of Information laws, was released after the couple shared their security fears in their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Officers were actually called four times in July last year after Harry and Meghan moved to Montecito from Los Angeles, where they had been temporarily living since leaving Canada at the start of the pandemic.
One call is listed as a phone request while the others are labelled “alarm activations” and all occurred in the early hours of the morning.
One incident occurred in August and was listed as “Misc Priority Incdnt”, while another alarm was registered in November.
Then at 4.13pm on Christmas Eve, officers were called to the property after a man was alleged to have trespassed. They returned to the mansion on Boxing Day at 2.54pm for a call listed under “Property Crimes”.
Nickolas Brooks, 37, was booked in to jail on a misdemeanour trespassing charge and later released, the sheriff’s office said. According to The Sun, the man admitted he may have been “high” when he was caught at their home.
The most recent call was at 2.21am on February 16 this year and is listed as an alarm activation.
At this stage representatives for Harry and Meghan declined to comment. And a spokeswoman for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office declined to provide further details about the calls.
The couple’s security arrangements hit the headlines after their chat with Oprah in March.
During the interview, Harry said he never thought he would have his security detail removed upon deciding to step back from royal duties.
“I was born into this position. I inherited the risk. So that was a shock to me," he said.
Explaining his decision to leave Canada for the US during the early days of the pandemic, Harry said: “The biggest concern was while we were in Canada, in someone else’s house, I then got told, short notice, that security was going to be removed. By this point, courtesy of the Daily Mail, the world knew our exact location.
“So suddenly it dawned on me – ‘Hang on a second, the borders could be closed, we’re going to have our security removed, who knows how long lockdown is going to be, the world knows where we are, it’s not safe, it’s not secure, we probably need to get out of here’.”
Additional reporting by AP.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.