Celine Dion's friends hit back at 'boy toy' reports

Kristine Tarbert
Senior Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer
Reports claimed Pepe Munoz was 'taking over' Celine's life. Photo: Getty

This week it was claimed ‘friends’ of Celine Dion were worried the star was being isolated by her backup dancer Pepe Munoz, who was said to be ‘taking over’ her life.

But now Celine and her team have hit back at the reports, claiming they were “saddened and disappointed” by what was said, labelling it “untrue gossip”.

In a note shared on the singer’s Instagram page in both English and French, her ‘real’ inner circle hit out at the claims.

It was addressed: “Dear Pepe”.

“As the real members of Celine's ‘inner circle’, we are saddened and disappointed by an untruthful story that surfaced in the media on Monday, quoting multiple sources who claim they are part of the inner circle and that you have too much influence over Celine, and that you are isolating her.

“These ‘sources’ have nothing better to do than to spread untrue gossip. Don't let it get you down... and keep up the great work. We love you!”

It was signed off by Dave, Dee, Denis, Lina, Michel, Naomi, Suzanne, Sydney, Sylvie and Yves.

Pepe Munoz ‘taking over’ Celine’s life

The public statement came after multiple reports claimed the 51-year-old My Heart Will Go On singer has been attached at the hip to 34-year-old Pepe, since her beloved husband, René Angélil, passed away at the age of 73 in 2016, after battling with throat cancer.

Pepe has been described as her ‘boy toy’, but Celine herself has said he is gay and her ‘best friend’.

Celine Dion and Pepe Munoz at Fashion Week. Photo: Getty Images

“She’s in love with this guy and listens to everything he’s saying,” an anonymous source told Page Six.

“People go to him when they have questions. He’s fully taken over.”

The publication added a claim that Pepe, who's also her creative director had “helped orchestrate the exit of some of Dion's senior team”.

Celine Dion and Pepe Munoz are seen leaving the GIVENCHY. Photo: Getty

‘Scarily thin’ Celine worries fans

Fans aired their concerns for the icon back in January, with many worried about her thin frame, which caused Celine to defend herself against body-shamers.

However just last month an outfit she wore to Paris Fashion Week renewed worry for the ‘scarily thin’ singer.

Vogue Australia shared a photo of Celine wearing an Iris van Herpen outfit during fashion week, but fans shared their concern saying she “looks way too thin” and “seriously underweight”.

Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com

Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? Follow Yahoo Lifestyle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.