Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus
The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus, Clarence House has confirmed.
Prince Charles, 71, is displaying mild symptoms "but otherwise remains in good health", a spokesman said.
The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.
"The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual," Clarence House said on Wednesday.
"In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
The news comes after a Buckingham Palace aide also tested positive for COVID-19.
Meanwhile earlier this week, Princess Mary’s 10-year-old nephew, Henrik, was tested for the virus.
With reporting by AAP.
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.