Channel Seven has confirmed Andrew O'Keefe's departure from the network after 17 years. It came prior to domestic assault allegations made against him.
"Seven is obviously very concerned to read the reports regarding Andrew O’Keefe," a spokesperson said in a statement. "Seven has had a 17-year relationship with Andrew across a number of programs, although he is no longer with the network.
"As this is a police matter before the courts, we cannot comment further. The program hosted by Andrew, The Chase Australia, is not currently in production. The program is produced for Seven by ITV Studios Australia. Production will resume soon and a decision about who will host future series is still to be made."
The 49-year-old will face Waverley Local Court on Thursday where NSW Police will allege O'Keefe assaulted his partner, Dr Orly Lavee, at the apartment they share in Randwick on Sunday morning around 1am, The Daily Telegraph has reported.
"Andrew is receiving medical treatment in the wake of the incident," a source close to the host told the publication.
"He will be defending the charge."
O'Keefe was taken to Maroubra Police Station on Sunday morning where he was charged.
"Just before 1am Sunday 31 January 2021, officers from Eastern Beaches Area Command attended a Randwick unit after reports a 41-year-old woman had allegedly been assaulted in a domestic violence incident," a NSW Police spokesperson said in a statement.
He was released on bail with conditions stopping him from contacting Dr Lavee, except through legal representation.
O'Keefe was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia in 2017 for his work in charity and television. He has previously spoken out publicly about domestic violence as former chairman of White Ribbon Australia.
If you or someone you know is suffering from sexual or domestic abuse, don't suffer in silence, call 1800 RESPECT any time of day or night.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.