Follow us on Twitter: @y7lifestyle
A ponytail may seem like a simple 'do', but following these tips will ensure you create an elegant and sleek look without resorting to a look reminiscent of your school days. Watch the video below to ensure you get the perfect ponytail.
1. Before you start, use a good serum to smooth the cuticles.
2. Brush your hair using a paddle brush into a low point at the back of your head. Secure with a hairband.
3. To make sure that your hair stays straight throughout the day, use a straightener to straighten the hairs in your ponytail again. While straightening, bend the hair slightly at the roots to create an arch so that all the cuticles are pointing towards the desired hairstyle, creating a smoother look.
4. Use a serum on blonde highlighted hair or coarse/curly hair on the ponytail itself.
5. Use some hairspray on top of the head to smooth it down.Related Links
ARTICLE: Look a cut above the rest
GALLERY: Strange beauty treatments
VIDEO: How to conceal eye bags