Charlie Brown & Co. are heading to the Big City, in an original Peanuts movie.
It was announced on Monday that Apple TV+, the streaming destination for “all things Peanuts” (including classic holiday movies), has greenlit its first original Peanuts film.
More from TVLine
The new, CG-animated film from WildBrain and Peanuts Worldwide will follow the Peanuts gang as they embark on “an epic adventure to the Big City, learning the true meaning of friendship, while meeting some surprising new friends along the way.”
The screenplay is co-written by Karey Kirkpatrick (Chicken Run, Over the Hedge) from an original story by co-writers Craig “Son of Charles M.” Schulz, Bryan “Son of Craig” Schulz and Cornelius Uliano, the team behind the award-winning The Peanuts Movie.
Ready for some more recent newsy nuggets? Well…
* Jimmy Kimmel Live and People have teamed to announce the 2023 Sexiest Man Alive on this Tuesday’s episode of JKL, with a special appearance by the newly crowned winner.
* Southern Hospitality Season 2 will premiere Thursday, Dec. 7 at 9/8c on Bravo, with episodes available to stream the next day on Peacock.
* Bravo has ordered Erika Jayne: Bet It All on Blonde, a two-part documentary (premiering in spring 2024) that follows the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star’s “challenging road to the opening night of her unprecedented Las Vegas residency.”
* Apple TV+ has released a trailer for The Family Plan, a “family action film” starring Mark Wahlberg, Michelle Monaghan, Maggie Q and Ciarán Hinds, and premiering Friday, Dec. 15:
* Netflix has released a trailer for Lift, a heist film starring Kevin Hart and premiering Friday, Jan. 12:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Best of TVLine