Samantha Markle travelling to UK for 'showdown talks' with Meghan

Olivia Morris
Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer

The Duchess of Sussex’s estranged half-sister, Samantha Markle, is travelling to the United Kingdom in order to have a face-to-face showdown with Meghan over their father.

The 53-year-old is currently in Italy, but instead of going straight back to the USA, she’s decided to take a detour to the country her sibling now calls home.

The reason? Well, she wants meet Meghan to discuss Thomas Markle Sr.’s deteriorating health.

Samantha Markle is reportedly heading to the United Kingdom in order to have a face-to-face showdown with half-sister Meghan Markle. Source: ITV
The 53-year-old wants to discuss their father’s deteriorating health with the Duchess of Sussex. Source: Getty

Samantha’s agent and publicist, Rob Cooper, confirmed she was on her way to the UK “like it or not”.

“After making numerous attempts in private to arrange a one on one meeting with The Duchess of Sussex to discuss their 74 year old father’s health, Kensington Palace have refused to respond,” he wrote on Twitter.

“I fear Meghan may not be made aware of these discreet attempts and there making this public is the only option we have left.

Insisting they would “prefer to keep this private,” Rob confirmed Samantha will be “coming to the UK this week, like it or not”.



The announcement of this trip comes after Samantha has conducted several interviews slamming her 37-year-old sister.

Back in July, she appeared on Good Morning Britain responding to claims she had been “cashing in” on Meghan’s new royal life.

“Let’s face it we all have to survive,” she said. “Money makes the world go round. So, if you want to call that cashing in that’s fine.”

She also insisted that are not many people who would “refuse a pay check for talking about the royals”.

Thomas Markle Sr. was not present at his daughter’s wedding in May. Source: ITV

Meghan wed Prince Harry on May 19, her half siblings Samantha and Thomas Markle Jr. were snubbed from the guest list, but her father Thomas Markle Sr. was set to walk her down the aisle.

In the weeks leading up to her wedding Thomas Sr. was caught staging paparazzi photos and then unexpectedly pulled out of the ceremony claiming he suffered a heart attack and needed to have surgery.

However, in the aftermath of the wedding sources came forward claiming he never underwent heart surgery at the time of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s nuptials.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their wedding day. Source: Getty

“The whole story about Meghan’s father undergoing heart surgery was made up,” the source told the Daily Mail.

According to reports at the time, Thomas was admitted to the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, however when contacted by the Daily Mail to hospital said “no such name” had ever checked in.

Got a story tip? Send it to tips@yahoo7.com.au

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram.