Prince Harry has finally spoken to his father Charles and brother William, after he and wife Meghan's explosive tell-all interview with Oprah.
However, despite the communication channels now being open, US television presenter and family friend, Gayle King, has claimed the conversations thus far were "not productive".
Meghan raised allegations of racism in the royal family during her sit down with Oprah Winfrey, while Harry spoke about how his father Prince Charles had 'cut him off' financially and at one point stopped taking his calls.
During the interview, he also described his damaged relationship with Prince William.
.@GayleKing checked in with Prince Harry & Meghan this weekend:
“Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father, too. The word I was given was those conversations were not productive. But they are glad that they have at least started a conversation.” pic.twitter.com/fe0ATukkYw
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) March 16, 2021
"I did actually call them to see how they were feeling, and it's true Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father too," Gayle King said on CBS This Morning.
"The word I was given was that those conversations were not productive, but they are glad they have at least started a conversation."
Gayle also said the couple were "frustrated" that alleged racism in the royal family had dominated the news agenda since the interview was broadcast on March 7.
"All they wanted all along was for the royals to intervene and tell the press to stop with the unfair, inaccurate, false stories that definitely have a racial slant," the host said.
She added that Harry and Meghan wanted "healing" in the family, but that Meghan had "documents to back up everything" she had said in the interview with Oprah Winfrey.
"We're witnessing the disintegration of the family relationship before our very eyes," The Daily Mirror's Royal Editor Russell Myers said during an interview on the Today show.
"The relationship between William and Harry has been on the floor for a long time, and Harry even said in the interview they were treating it with space."
The comments come after Prince Philip, the 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth, was finally seen leaving a London hospital after a four-week stay.
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII's Hospital on February 16 after he felt unwell, to receive treatment for an infection. He was transferred briefly at the start of this month to a specialist cardiac centre at another London hospital, where he underwent a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition.
After the Oprah interview aired, a royal source has told The Sun, that Prince William was reportedly ‘livid’ over the claims.
“William and his father have long spoken about racism and mental health. For them to be accused of being racist is deeply upsetting and wrong,” the source said.
“William is also concerned at the idea of Kate being dragged into this wholly unnecessarily.”
Reports earlier this week said Prince Charles was ‘deeply hurt’ by Harry's interview, but had plans to connect with his son.
“You are looking at a father who is deeply hurt by where he finds his relationship with his son,” a friend told the Daily Mail.
“But, after much reflection, he also realises that nothing good will come of prolonging the fight."
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.