Prince William and brother Harry have reunited for the first time since Harry and Meghan quit as senior royals, issuing a rare joint statement.
The brothers announced plans to install a new statue in memory of their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, just days before the anniversary of her death in a car accident in Paris 23 years ago at just 36 years old.
“Our mother touched so many lives,” William and Harry said in the joint statement, issued via the Kensington Palace press office.
“We hope the statue will help all those who visit Kensington Palace to reflect on her life and her legacy.”
The artwork was commissioned in 2017 to mark the 20th anniversary of Diana’s death in 1997, but installation has been delayed due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
It will officially take place in the Sunken Garden of Kensington Palace on July 1, 2021 - on what would have been Diana’s 60th birthday - to “recognise her positive impact in the UK and around the world”.
This marks the first joint statement on behalf of the two brothers since Harry and Meghan announced their plans to step down as senior royals in January. They officially left the UK earlier this year and are now living in Santa Barbara with Archie.
Although, Prince Harry has also revealed he would have already returned to visit the UK if it wasn't for the pandemic.
Speaking to staff and volunteers from the Rugby Football League, he said: “We've got a whole Rugby League world cup coming next year. I’m definitely plan on coming back. I would have been back already had it not been for Covid.”
The change of the foundation title is a result of the Sussexes agreeing to stop using the 'Sussex Royal' brand after officially stepping away from senior royal duties in April this year.
Documents filed on The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex at Companies House also revealed Meghan and five other directors had stepped down from their positions, which leaves Prince Harry as the sole director.
And what does MWX stand for – some reports suggest it’s ‘Markle Windsor’.