They may be the newest stars of the royal family, but Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will miss out on Camilla’s ‘special’ party for Prince Charles next month.
Prince Charles will turn 70 on November 14th and while there has already been numerous celebrations of the future king’s birthday, the big night is set to happen when his son and his new wife are away on their first major overseas trip.
It’s believed Camilla is planning a lavish party on October 25th, when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be in Tonga.
“It’s going to be a very special night and Charles is very much looking forward to it,” a royal insider told Vanity Fair.
“Harry and Meghan can’t be there because they will be overseas.
“It’s why they were so keen to be at the garden party for Charles back in May.”
Indeed, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have a 15-day royal trip planned in October, during which they will visit Sydney, Dubbo ,Melbourne, Fraser Island, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand.
The couple will be in attendance at both the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2018 Invictus Games in Sydney.
And while they might be missing a major milestone birthday back at home, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made sure they made a big deal out of Prince Harry at a Buckingham Palace garden party in May.
Prince Harry even gave a heartfelt speech about his father at the event, referencing Prince Charles’ ‘enthusiasm and energy’ for everything he does.
“So Pa,” he continued, “while I know that you’ve asked that today not be about you, you must forgive me if I don’t listen to you, much like when I was younger,” Harry said in the speech.
Full royal tour itinerary:
• Tuesday 16th October: Sydney, Australia
• Wednesday 17th October: Dubbo, Australia
• Thursday 18th October: Melbourne, Australia
• Friday 19th October: Sydney, Australia
• Saturday 20th October: Sydney, Australia
• Sunday 21st October: Sydney, Australia
• Monday 22nd October: Fraser Island, Australia
• Tuesday 23rd October: Suva, Fiji
• Wednesday 24th October: Suva, Fiji
• Thursday 25th October: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga
• Friday 26th October: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
• Saturday 27th October: Sydney, Australia
• Sunday 28th October: Wellington, New Zealand
• Monday 29th October: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
• Tuesday 30th October: Auckland, New Zealand
• Wednesday 31st October: Rotorua, New Zealand
Got a story tip? Send it to email@example.com