Police Say Mysterious Deaths of 3 Chiefs Fans Remains 'Ongoing Death Investigation' After Toxicology Reports

Early toxicology reports reportedly noted drugs in the bodies of David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson

<p>Ricky Johnson/Facebook</p> David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson.

Ricky Johnson/Facebook

David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson.

Police say that the case of the three Kansas City Chiefs fans who were found dead in their friend’s backyard remains a death investigation after early toxicology reports reportedly indicated they had drugs in their systems.

"Currently, there have been no additional details or reports of this case revealed to any media, nor are there any plans to at this time," Alayna Gonzalez, a spokesperson for the department, told PEOPLE in a statement on Monday.

"The case remains an ongoing death investigation," Gonzalez added. "Both KCPD Detectives and the Platte County Prosecutor's Office have been in touch with the deceased men’s families and remain in contact with them as the investigation unfolds."

The update came days after early toxicology reports reportedly indicated David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson had cocaine and fentanyl in their systems, per WDAF and TMZ, citing sources.

Related: Families of 3 Men Found Dead in Friend’s Backyard After Chiefs Game Speak Out: ‘Extremely Devastating’

The three men were found outside their friend's house on Jan. 9, two days after they went to watch the Chiefs football game at friend Jordan Willis' rental. McGeeney’s fiancée came across their frozen bodies while searching for them and contacted police.

The toxicology report has not been publicly released and police have not confirmed the reported results as of Monday.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

To date, there have been no arrests and police have repeatedly said "no foul play" has been "observed or suspected."

Police have said the cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner. PEOPLE has continued to reach out to the ME's office for comment.

Related: Mom Says Her Son's Daughter Keeps Saying 'I Miss My Dad' After He Mysteriously Died with Friends

John Picerno, Willis’ attorney, previously told PEOPLE in a statement that his client “is unaware of how his friends died" and was “anxiously awaiting the results of the autopsy and toxicology report."

Picerno also said that his client did not notice the men dead in his backyard or their cars still in the neighborhood in the two days between the football game and the discovery of their bodies.

Related: Families of 3 Men Mysteriously Found Dead in Friend's Yard After Chiefs Game Believe 'Facts Don't Add Up'

Although there has been much speculation as rumors circulate about what happened that night, Johnson’s brother, Jonathan Price, previously told PEOPLE he wasn’t jumping to conclusions

“I don't necessarily share any opinions on my own, because … I only deal with facts, and I don't have any of those,” he said.

He added, “I can't just sit there and speculate all the time."

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.