Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter Lilibet has finally been added to the official line of succession on the royal family's website seven weeks after she was born, a delay which some royal experts saw as the palace 'making a point'.
Until today, the official website had yet to recognise her birth on the official line of succession, after her brother Archie's name was added just 15 days after he was born in 2019.
Lilibet, who was was born in Santa Barbara, California on June 4 has now been included as Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor, and listed eighth in line to the throne on royal.uk.
Despite this update however, the official web page for the Duchess of Sussex on royal.uk still lists Meghan as a mum of one.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said the royal family website is “updated periodically”, however ITV's Royal Editor Chris Ship said on the Royal Rota podcast he thought Buckingham Palace could be "making a point" by taking their time.
“You have got to ask what has taken them so long,” he said.
“All they have got to do is hit the paragraph button and put in a different number. They must have done it before. They did it for Archie. Clearly they did it for Louis when he was born. And they have done it for some of the other children like August that have been born as well."
“So where's Lilibet? I can forgive them a week or two but a month?"
Chris questioned whether this is a case of the royals being "petulant" and added: "It does, to me, feel like they're making a point."
The the line of succession on the @RoyalFamily website has just been updated to include the Sussexes’ second child: Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor, who is eighth in line to the throne. She was born on June 4. pic.twitter.com/EUX8DFDBDK
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) July 26, 2021
Prince Harry's 'tell-all'
It comes after Prince Harry revealed he is writing a “wholly truthful” memoir about his life in the royal family.
The 36-year-old Duke of Sussex announced he is set to release a book that will be a “first-hand account” of his life so far and will see the prince touch on the “mistakes” he has made and the “lessons” he has learned.
As it turns out Harry's lucrative book deal will actually be for four books, but the second one won't be released until after the Queen has died.
The royal family are still reeling from Harry and Meghan's bombshell interviews, particularly their chat with Oprah Winfrey.
The news of the second book not being released until his 95-year-old grandmother is gone won't do much to ally their fears about the nature of the book. It would also suggest Harry doesn't care as much about what his father Prince Charles and brother Prince William think.
Penguin Random House has said the "proceeds" of the book will be donated to charity, but it's unknown if this includes the royalties and the advance.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.