- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The mum-of-two who was taken to hospital after Prince Philip crashed into her car last week claims the Duke of Edinburgh still hasn’t apologised for the accident.
Emma Fairweather said she’s in incredible pain after the collision, which occurred near the Sandringham Estate, and was hoping she might get a call from the Queen or 97-year-old Philip wishing her well.
“I’m lucky to be alive and he hasn’t even said sorry,” she told the Mirror.
“It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the royal family.
She claims Prince Philip told a passerby that the sun had ‘dazzled’ when he crashed into the car on Wednesday afternoon.
“I love the royals but I’ve been ignored and rejected and I’m in a lot of pain,” she said.
Despite Buckingham Palace stating that well wishes had been exchanged between Emma and the Duke, she said the only person she has heard from is the police family liaison officer.
Emma, who now has a broken wrist, was a passenger in her friend’s car at the time, and her friend’s nine-month-old baby was also on board.
Prince Philip and the driver of the Kia were both breath tested on the scene by police and both of them returned negative results.
The Duke of Edinburgh walked away from the crash, despite shocking images showing his black Land Rover on its side, with the windscreen smashed.
Onlookers told the BBC that they helped the Duke out of his Land Rover and he was “conscious but very, very shocked and shaken”.
Got a story tip? Send it to email@example.com
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.