Meghan and Harry move to Frogmore Cottage ahead of royal baby's birth

Meghan and Harry are set to become parents in the coming weeks [Photo: Getty]

They are just weeks away from welcoming their first child and now it seems things are finally all in place, with reports suggesting Harry and Meghan have moved into their new home.

Frogmore Cottage in Windsor has been undergoing renovations since last year to turn it from staff accommodation to a 10 bedroom family home for Harry and Meghan and their baby.

The couple have been living in Nottingham Cottage within the grounds of Kensington Palace since they got married – but it’s thought they wanted more privacy for their new family as well as more space, according to ITV.

The move to Frogmore Cottage suffered a short delay while building work was completed.

It was announced last year that Harry and Meghan’s new official residence would be at Frogmore Cottage and that “Windsor is a very special place for Their Royal Highnesses.”

Frogmore Cottage is located within the grounds of Frogmore House, pictured here in 2006 [Photo: Getty]

Harry, 34, and Meghan, 37, first announced their Windsor move in November.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will more to Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Estate early next year as they prepare for the arrival of their first child,” Kensington Palace said in a statement at the time.

“The couple have lived at Nottingham Cottage since their engagement last year. Windsor is a very special place for Their Royal Highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate.”

The pair were married at St George’s Chapel in Windsor on May 19 last year and hosted their wedding reception at Frogmore House, close to their new abode.

Royal households split

Last month it was confirmed that the duke and duchess would have their own royal household based at Buckingham Palace, formally splitting from their joint office with the Cambridges at Kensington Palace.

Previously the young royals operated as one, even sharing social media pages, but they have now created two different courts and become the Cambridges and the Sussexes.

Earlier this week, Harry and Meghan also launched their own official Instagram account@SussexRoyal, which broke a world record after gaining one million followers in just six hours.

The Cambridges and the Sussexes are reportedly set to split into two different households in a matter of weeks. Source: Getty

While the royal princes have shared a household for over a decade, times have changed since their roles within the establishment have altered.

“William and Harry’s double act has naturally been supplanted by the two couples and their families,” an alleged source close to the brothers told the Sunday Times.

Yahoo has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.

With additional reporting by Danielle Stacey.

Got a story tip? Send it to lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com

Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? Follow Yahoo Lifestyle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.