Channel Nine has confirmed they have cut The Ellen DeGeneres Show reruns from its prime time slot in Australia.
“We are resting Ellen repeats on Nine and have replaced with Desperate Housewives,” a Nine spokesperson told Yahoo Lifestyle.
The US talk show has been replaced in the 12pm to 1pm slot by Desperate Housewives, a drama series which ended in 2012 and starred Eva Longoria, Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman.
It’s not clear if Channel Nine has secured a deal with Warner Bros to air the new season of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, which is set to begin next month.
The move comes just weeks after it was revealed that the show is under investigation following multiple allegations of its “toxic work environment”.
WarnerMedia is believed to have launched an internal investigation of the show, with a third party firm reportedly being hired to interview current and former staff about their experiences while working on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Allegations from current and former employees include claims of being fired after taking medical leave or bereavement days, facing microaggressions and a culture of bullying and favouritism by executive producers.
No specific claims were made against Ellen, although some staff claimed they were told not to speak to the TV presenter and comedian if she was in the office and not to make eye contact with her.
On her Zoom call to staff last week, Page Six reports Ellen was shocked to hear of the alleged rule to not look her in the eye, saying: “I don’t know where it started. Please talk to me. Look me in the eye.”
Last week, it was reported that show bosses reportedly offered up something of an olive branch to staff, giving them an additional five days paid leave, including paid leave for birthdays and for medical appointments and family matters.
At this stage Ellen herself, as well as long-running executive producers Mary Connelly, Andy Lassner and Derek Westervelt, will continue in their positions on the show, with the start date for the 18th season currently set for September 14.
A spokesperson for Warner Brothers confirmed the show has “parted ways” with executive producers Ed Glavin and Kevin Leman, and co-executive producer Jonathan Norman, Variety reports.
In it, the 30-time Emmy winner said she takes “responsibility” as the program bears her name, adding that changes will be made.
Just yesterday, the 62-year-old was seen leaving a restaurant in California with a friend when she was asked about how the show will look when it recommences filming next month.
“I will be talking to my fans,” Ellen told waiting paparazzi, according to The Daily Mail.
That was all she said before departing, hinting she may potentially make a public statement following her two apologies to staff that were leaked to the press.