When it comes to Christmas there are two different types of people. There’s the type who has been counting down approximately 312 days since you took last year’s tree down and are hankering to hit play on the carols. And then there’s the type who leaves it all to the very last minute and usually end up with the same old standard socks, undies and candles as gifts because they ran out of time.
But whatever your Christmas-style, we can all agree that there’s nothing like nailing that perfect gift and giving someone something they truly love.
Michael Hill is your one-stop Christmas shop to bring the gift of sparkle to everyone on your list this year, from the kids’ teachers, to your niece, to your hubby and your nan (and maybe even something for yourself!).
So with that in mind, here are 10 present swaps to make this year to help you ditch the boring gifts and help you nail that list.
1. Swap a bottle of champers that will be gone in a day to this classic Everlight Diamond Pendant for $99 that will last forever.
2. Send your kid right to the top of the class by swapping a boring coffee mug for their teacher to these Ball Stud Earrings In 10ct Yellow Gold for $39.
3. These days a candle seems to be the go-to when you can’t think of anything else but why not give a gift that will keep sparkling long after the candle has burned out? Go for this cubic zirconia and sterling silver earrings & bracelet gift set for just $49.
4. Make your niece feel extra special and grown up by ditching the toys and costume jewellery and instead give her this three pair stud earring set in sterling silver for $29.
5. Be the talk of the office Kris Kringle, leave the chocolates to the amateurs and instead opt for these Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings in Sterling Silver for under $20.
6. Forget perfume and struggling to find the right fragrance and instead wow your grandma with diamonds. This necklace and earrings set will set you back just $199.
7. For the person in your life who is so hard to buy for and you always end up just getting them a gift card. Why not instead give them a gift that will make their eyes light up like this timeless cocktail ring with Created Sapphire & 0.10 Carat TW Of Diamonds In 10ct Yellow & White Gold for $349.
8. While dads usually get lumped with the tired trio of socks, undies and ties, this year why not give him something he’ll actually love and still wear everyday like this Rose tone stainless steel & blue chronograph watch for $299.
9. You could get your hubby another boring business shirt OR give him something that will make him stand out like these Sterling Silver Cufflinks for $179.
10. While you could drop a couple of hundred dollars on a designer handbag that will be out of style next season, diamonds are the gift that never go out of style like these ½ carat diamond studs in 10ct Yellow Gold for just $499.
Giving jewellery not only provides that “wow factor” as your loved ones open it on the day but it’s also a thoughtful and sentimental gift that they will wear for years to come. Jewellery really is the gift that keeps on giving so give the gift of sparkle this Christmas.
Check out the full range of gifts on Michael Hill