It's been a strange year to say the least and it looks like Tinder users adapted and got creative when it came to how they connected with fellow singletons online in 2020.
The dating app has released data revealing the very strange pick up line that went viral this year.
Apparently panic buying and toilet roll supplies became one of the most talked about topics in Tinder bios this year with a large group of people flaunting the size of their panic buying stash.
Toilet paper mentions increased by 290 per cent and the toilet paper emoji got 60x more mentions in March than in February – not too sure why people were talking about toilet paper in their bios before March, but that's another discussion entirely...
Some of the most hilarious pick up lines used in bios this year included:
1. I suppose you’re gonna need that easy connection for toilet paper with panic buying, good thing I have access to that 😏
2. Netflix and isolate? I have toilet paper 🧻
3. One ply...two ply...three ply....waiting for that re-ply 🧻
4. I just want someone to want me like Aussies want toilet paper.
5. I'm a handful but my boobs are too so it makes it okay 🤷♀️
6. Just looking for someone that will do the tube snake boogie with me 🤷
7. Just need a date for my cousin’s Zoom wedding.
8. I’m the kind of romantic who will order you Uber Eats for our virtual date.
9. I don’t see anything wrong with the WAP, it’s a song about a cat in the rain.
10. Bought masks during bushfires which I then used for Covid, so I got that going for me.
Interestingly however, the most used emoji of 2020 was the shrugging emoji.
Many users went virtual with their dates, using video calling or even video games to connect.
One of the most used phrases for Victorians was "get on the beers" with one user writing: "Can't wait until Dan Andrews announces it's time to get on the beers then neck one like Bob Hawke."
Cardi B's WAP became the number one song on Tinder through 2020. "Yeah I gotta WAP. Weak. A**. Pick-up lines," one user joked.
The Black Lives Matter movement became another important topic of conversation in June this year with mentions jumping with users showing their support.
Who knows what next year will bring!
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.