This TikToker issued a warning about eating citrus fruits out in the sun after she had a bad reaction.
Auto insurance rates are increasing in 2022 — here’s how to prepare
“Went to the beach on 4th of July for drinks,” she said in the video. “Woke up with a weird brown mark on my face. It starts hurting so I rushed to the dermatologist. She asked me what I drank over the weekend.
“I told her my usual cocktail with lime. She told me I had phytophotodermatitis, a skin reaction from lime juice and sun exposure. Pls avoid citrus fruits + sun exposure this summer.”
Commenters could definitely relate to her experience.
“THIS HAPPENED TO ME! I got it all over my stomach… Don’t drink too much citrus while in the sun,” a user said.
“I got this all over my hands when I ate tacos with lime and went into the sun. The scarring lasted for a year,” another wrote.
Shop ‘Gossip Girl’ star Evan Mock’s looks from his In The Know cover shoot:
“I’ve been wondering what this brown and now peeling spot on my finger was from since the 4th. 100% this!!” someone added.
“So I used a lemon peel mask the night before a family photo shoot, I’m in the sun 30 min and same happened to me! It did lighten though!!” a person added.
“I had this on my hand from squeezing limes, it was legit a 2nd degree burn, huge blisters and scarring, you got lucky!” a TikToker replied.
Christian Cowan’s first foray into menswear lets everyone be ‘part of that fantasy’:
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, check out this breastfeeding mom who was shocked when she pumped pink “strawberry” milk.
The post Woman warns TikTokers to avoid citrus fruits and sun exposure after bad skin reaction appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know: